Where do you put your thermostat probe?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what an emp or faraday is lol.
I have a Cade 900 and it’s doing good, what about yourself?

My system is doing great also. Can you explain your heating, notification, and backup systems in place so others can learn from you? I’m genuinely curious, it sounds pretty high tech

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system is doing great also. Can you explain your heating, notification, and backup systems in place so others can learn from you? I’m genuinely curious, it sounds pretty high tech
It’s not really high tech but I have a lot of Reef Factory equipment that sends me notifications if there’s an issue eg temp, ph, salinity high/low etc, I can also remotely control the tank with my phone or computer.
You can create actions with any of the RF equipment as everything is linked, so for example if the sump water level rises my skimmer shuts off, or if my alk test is lower than my set value it doses alk etc.
My heaters are in the overflow and my set temp is controlled by a RF thermo control which can be set so to turn the heaters off when the pump is off.
If the pump fails you can set actions to turn certain equipment off, or if there's a power failure I have a battery backup to run the pump. I also have a generator if need be but I've never needed it in all the years I've been in and out of this hobby.

Last edited:

Joseph_Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both heater and thermo needs to be in the same tank.
I prefer having both on sump. Heater in main tank will usually work for longer period since a 1 degree change for bigger volumes need more power. But that also means temperature will stabilize longer before heater is back to work.
However, I consider it as a car that is driving for a long time or any machinery working non stop. The longer the working time, the more likely failures will happen.
Heater in sump will have more frequent, but shorter, working Time. In addition, sump is inside a cabin which is somehow thermally insulated. Heater will be less sollicitated.

Back