Which RO/DI system should I get?

Exotrezy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 gallon tank that I am setting up to become a Saltwater Aquarium. I have a good amount of knowledge in freshwater and now am getting into saltwater. I have found a couple RO/DI systems that I like and I am wondering on you guys' opinions.
LiquaGen- 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis & Deionization
Max Water 6 Stage Aquarium Reverse Osmosis System
BRS 4 STAGE RODI

I live in Houston, TX and the water here has chloramines in it so I need some help. I would have to get the 6 stage RODI system for chloramines right? Please let me know if you guys have any experience with these specific systems or what to do about my situation or if you guys could recommend other systems that I should check out.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my aqua fx barracuda the 100gpd one is 220 on amazon now may find it cheaper elsewhere though. Mine is almost 20 years old never had to replace anything other than filters and membranes.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Exotrezy

Exotrezy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe one that is under that amount would be great.
Saltwater is about keeping pristine water the most important aspect of our hobby and the one thing most people want to skimp on for some reason. You can find cheaper units but they end up using more filters costing more shortly after purchase. Quality materials save money quickly even with a small tank. You put the bra 4 stage which is the same cost as the 50gpd which is why I suggested the one I did. Air water and ice also have quality units as well.

OP
OP
Exotrezy

Exotrezy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater is about keeping pristine water the most important aspect of our hobby and the one thing most people want to skimp on for some reason. You can find cheaper units but they end up using more filters costing more shortly after purchase. Quality materials save money quickly even with a small tank. You put the bra 4 stage which is the same cost as the 50gpd which is why I suggested the one I did. Air water and ice also have quality units as well.
I also have another question, I have an RODI under my kitchen sink that was installed for drinking water. Could I use that one? From what people have told me, it apparently adds minerals to the water to make it taste good to us which could harm the fish and coral. Is that true?

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 72 26.9%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 117 43.7%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 65 24.3%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 14 5.2%
Back