Whitetail tang, color variations

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My previous whitetail was bright red with a pure whitetail but he didnt make it through quarantine. I picked up another one but its more like brownish red and the tail has yellow edge. Anyone know why the difference in color? Age? Regional? Thought they only come from tahiti?

Examples i found:

Very similar to my orignal:

IMG_9266.png

Similar to my current:

IMG_9268.jpeg

IMG_9269.jpeg

GothFishKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I don’t know the answer to your question so I’m sorry for the response without a solution for you… but I’ve been thinking of getting one of these guys myself once I have my 65g cycled, and I’m curious about this as well as I’ve seen the different variations at my job but I haven’t seen any that have been like the first pic, which is what I’m hoping to have. But I will say I love how the one in the last pic looks, I’m a big fan of blood red as a color in general. But the issue is I already have a pygmy wasp fish that I’m gonna be transferring to that tank so I’d still prefer the contrast. Lol

OP
OP
125mph

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres one at my lfs that is bright red like the first one. Im thinking of getting him and rehoming my current one that is in QT.

First trying to see why the difference.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back