Wide-band Clownfish Info

Nheko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, I am seriously considering on getting a pair of Wide-band Clownfish, and will like to ask the community, if anyone has had a pair of these clownfish and if so, what kind of experiences did the owners had. So far my knowledge is limited of what I found in a couple of websites. Also what kind of anemone they will host? So far I have a BTA, not sure if they like it.

I’m trying to educate myself with the species (Amphiprion latezonatus) before I acquire them. So far my experience is limited, about 2 years and with Mochavinci and Lightning Maroon types (obviously in different tanks).

Thanks in advance. Here’s a nice picture of a Wide-band from the World Wide Corals website.

IMG_0975.jpeg

PS I read that’s possible to have three or more together without too much hassle, unlike other types.

Last edited:

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The captive bred ones are dogs....look around and get WC ...

criccio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure he means they are very ugly since they are captive bred. Unless you have thousands to spend, CB are your only option.

Care for them is like any other species, not very complicated. Stick with getting two and let them form a pair. BTA’s and sebae’s are their natural hosts. Good luck.

Largeangels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the low price of $6,499 you can have a pair of Wild caught from a Vendor on the East Coast. Wild caught are far and few between and prices are really high right now.

I'm pretty sure the WWC ones are from Quality Marine as they are breeding them right now. I've got two pair and will see how they look once they are bigger. I don't like the amount of deformities of most of the tank bred clowns but I'd rather have some right now that may not be perfect vs shelling out $6K.

OP
OP
Nheko

Nheko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know they were that expensive!!!! I guess I’ll keep my Mocha Vinci pair for a long time…

Largeangels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most tank raised clownfish are "deformed" when compared to wild caught. It is just a matter of how much and what it is. Some are terrible and others are very close and most don't notice.

Below is a thread showing some bad latz so if someone sees the pics in this thread I don't blame for not buying tank raised.

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two CB late March this year.
Day 1

2 months

And took a picture this morning for the little one.
IMG_E8479.JPG
IMG_E8481.JPG

I hope they will not have deformity on their head or mouth.

OP
OP
Nheko

Nheko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great! Do you have an anemone in their tank? If so, which type, and have they host it yet? Sorry for the questions.

Wish you the best with them. :)

Shark Wu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great! Do you have an anemone in their tank? If so, which type, and have they host it yet? Sorry for the questions.

Wish you the best with them. :)
Not yet give them any,still putting them in a isolation space of my main tank.
Want to watching them carefully for a while then find a way to keep them in a better place with anemone of course :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:!

Back