Will a Sexy Shrimp Survive?

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I had the pleasure of visiting Aquarium Poema Del Mar, the aquarium in the Canary Islands and could not get over this nem with the single sexy shrimp (vid attached)

I currently have a bunch of snails, 2 hermits, 1 fire shrimp, 2 clowns, midas blenny, a tiger and candy cane pistol shrimp that a randall’s goby goes back and forth between and a pinstripe wrasse. +a couple nems and a bunch of Euphyllia. I am just curious what the odds of survival are if I add 2 or 3 sexy shrimp…

edit: took a bunch of pics and vids and wanted to share some here but wasn’t sure if people would be interested, let me know if you are!

Last edited:

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they get too close to the pistol’s turf, they probably won’t live long being so small and all.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I had the pleasure of visiting Aquarium Poema Del Mar, the aquarium in the Canary Islands and could not get over this nem with the single sexy shrimp (vid attached)

I currently have a bunch of snails, 2 hermits, 1 fire shrimp, 2 clowns, midas blenny, a tiger and candy cane pistol shrimp that a randall’s goby goes back and forth between and a pinstripe wrasse. +a couple nems and a bunch of Euphyllia. I am just curious what the odds of survival are if I add 2 or 3 sexy shrimp…

edit: took a bunch of pics and vids and wanted to share some here but wasn’t sure if people would be interested, let me know if you are!

Nothing in your stock list jumps out at me as being something that will eat a sexy shrimp. Were you planning on getting them a rock flower nem or 3 as well?

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing in your stock list jumps out at me as being something that will eat a sexy shrimp. Were you planning on getting them a rock flower nem or 3 as well?
I have 3 bubble tips, 1 is hosting my clowns but the other 2 are free, does it have to be a rock flower?

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm, i’m about 32% positive where the 2 pistols are burrowed, so do i risk it?

Mine knew better than to go wondering around when I had a pistol :)

They stayed up on the rocks.

Recently my yellow watchman goby tossed him out and mauled him in front of me. Now the Sexy shrimp wonder around the bottom.

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since i’m now on the topic of pistols, I never hear mine clicking and haven’t seen either of them in like a month, goby still goes to the same burrows but they just never come out anymore.. possible they’re dead or just chillin? this is how I got the candy cane after the tiger by accident thinking the tiger was dead… don’t wanna do that again lol

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I got my answer, it should be fine but now i’m just nervous about my female clown eating them on their way down when i first put them in, she is absolutely vicious towards my hands and anything else that goes in the tank..

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I got my answer, it should be fine but now i’m just nervous about my female clown eating them on their way down when i first put them in, she is absolutely vicious towards my hands and anything else that goes in the tank..
Add them with lights off so everyone goes to bed. My Clown is also mean as can be. Took the leg off a poor porcelain crab in its way down.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • My coral

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back