Would someone help with skimmer set up

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone I just set up an Aqua Max HOB 1.5 all by myself and I’m not sure if this is what it’s supposed to be doing.

I made a short video in the hopes that someone could tell me if this is looking like it’s pulling the crud out correctly. I have the rubber ring as low as it will go while still keeping that silicone hose to the right of the cup in place.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it working fine. It will put out less bubbles later once it’s broken in. Your tank looks new so there won’t be much crud to pull out. I only need to empty the cup from mine once a week. Mine is almost 5 years old, it’s a good unit.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmers. A take a while to break in. Keep an eye on it and definitely make sure that it doesn’t overflow on any electrical outlets.
Thanks for the tip. I just picked up a small wall shelf to set my power outlet on and keep it away from water and drip looped.

OP
OP
mdpitts

mdpitts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it working fine. It will put out less bubbles later once it’s broken in. Your tank looks new so there won’t be much crud to pull out. I only need to empty the cup from mine once a week. Mine is almost 5 years old, it’s a good unit.
Thanks. That is what I was worried about because it didn’t look like much foam and it wasn’t dirty looking. Tank is a month old and this whole process has been blowing my mind a little.

Back