WWC 2024 Fall Flash Sale September 20th 6-10PM ET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 23, Members: 10, Guests: 13)

WWC Gamemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mocha Storm Ocellaris Clownfish​

Correct!

8a.jpg

WWC Gamemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His fins are very cool
For sure! I'm not big on clownfish in a lot of tanks, but a few years ago, I was at my LFS and they had a pair of longfins for $125. I traded in my store points and go them both for $100 with tax. Those long, gorgeous fins are too hard to resist, and at the price....come on! $100 for the pair, Sue. A pair!

WWC Gamemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure! I'm not big on clownfish in a lot of tanks, but a few years ago, I was at my LFS and they had a pair of longfins for $125. I traded in my store points and go them both for $100 with tax. Those long, gorgeous fins are too hard to resist, and at the price....come on! $100 for the pair, Sue. A pair!
This was around lights out in my tank during the holidays, so they look all black (also the Christmas music). They have orange faces, black bodies, and white stripes. Not my favorite version of the longfins, but these are still really cool fsh!

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fish girl. Hubby and the grandson came home with a pair of plain ole orange clowns, one day, after I asked them to stop at the box store to pick up an order. The pair were "rescued" and they were so proud of their "Marlin & Nemo" find for a $20 donation. I still have 1. The other fell victim to a wrasshole yellow damsel bully, just recently.

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was around lights out in my tank during the holidays, so they look all black (also the Christmas music). They have orange faces, black bodies, and white stripes. Not my favorite version of the longfins, but these are still really cool fsh!

Yup, those are some cool fins.

WWC Gamemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fish girl. Hubby and the grandson came home with a pair of plain ole orange clowns, one day, after I asked them to stop at the box store to pick up an order. The pair were "rescued" and they were so proud of their "Marlin & Nemo" find for a $20 donation. I still have 1. The other fell victim to a wrasshole yellow damsel bully, just recently.
Yeah prior to the longfins, I've had a single clown for 10 years now and I swore it was my last. I think if I ever lose my current longfins then I'll get a pair of the exact kind I like. I think the Picasso style longfins are the prettiest. Problem is, they're probably $200-300 each.

I just googled real quick and my favorite varieties are the black ice and the mocha for longfins.

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from my beloved mandarin and underdog watchman, all my fish are from rescued tanks. They have cool personalities and quirks, so they make me smile. One of them was a harlequin tusk that scared the poo out of me when I got a close-up look at his mouth. You can't un-see those teeth.

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aside from my beloved mandarin and underdog watchman, all my fish are from rescued tanks. They have cool personalities and quirks, so they make me smile. One of them was a harlequin tusk that scared the poo out of me when I got a close-up look at his mouth. You can't un-see those teeth.
But not a single one of them will eat the amphipods that are taking over the world one rock crevice at a time.... I'm going to have to cough up college tuition if they get much bigger!

WWC Gamemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of those swimming around too. The only fish I've been meaning to catch and sell is the red hawkfish. Can't put peppermints in to deal with the little bit of aiptasia I have. I've put large shrimp in there before and he devours them.

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of those swimming around too. The only fish I've been meaning to catch and sell is the red hawkfish. Can't put peppermints in to deal with the little bit of aiptasia I have. I've put large shrimp in there before and he devours them.
I get a sick satisfaction watching the aiptasia melt away with the syringe stuff... While the filefish just watches from behind and cheers me on... Useless goobers, all of them. Lol

WWC Gamemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of y'all use Salifert for Calcium? I have always used it to calibrate my Trident, but the new Salifert version of the Ca is weird. I can't get results with it.

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of y'all use Salifert for Calcium? I have always used it to calibrate my Trident, but the new Salifert version of the Ca is weird. I can't get results with it.
I know you're speaking English... But I'm only just figuring out what those words mean for my reef tank(s). I was supposed to stay small in a 30G, 2 fish, 1 light, no intricate systems....

Lemme tell you about the 500g build in my horizon...

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back