WWC 2024 Fall Flash Sale September 20th 6-10PM ET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 23, Members: 7, Guests: 16)

TheAcanLord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of y'all use Salifert for Calcium? I have always used it to calibrate my Trident, but the new Salifert version of the Ca is weird. I can't get results with it.
I use it, but my kit is a year plus old and about to run out. It seems okay to me though. Helped me figure out my refractometer was inaccurate.

WWC Gamemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the test kit but my tank is so new i haven't needed to use it yet.
Ah ok. Based off how old your account is and you saying you have a new tank, I'm guessing you've only ever seen the new version then?

My issue is that I followed the instructions multiple times, and slowly dripped for the last stage, but the colors never changed. It was weird. Salifert is historically accurate and easy, but the newer version wasn't working for me.

WWC Gamemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it, but my kit is a year plus old and about to run out. It seems okay to me though. Helped me figure out my refractometer was inaccurate.
The Hannah salinity probe is the hands down gold standard for testing salinity. A few times a year I calibrate it for the giggles of it, and it's rarely off from the calibration fluid. A must have for a reefer. Plus, the built in temp reading is rock solid as well! There's are just my personal opinions as a hobbiest, of course.

QuirkyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this game is the reef version of “who’s that Pokémon”
Ash Ketchum Pokemon GIF

eledile

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok. Based off how old your account is and you saying you have a new tank, I'm guessing you've only ever seen the new version then?

My issue is that I followed the instructions multiple times, and slowly dripped for the last stage, but the colors never changed. It was weird. Salifert is historically accurate and easy, but the newer version wasn't working for me.
i would assume yes. i got the test kit in like april/may of this year. i have been around in the hobby for about 14 years or so, but was never on forums. this is my first personal experience with salifert tho. i normally would just run samples to my LFS when i was going in for top off water back in the day.

WWC Gamemaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would assume yes. i got the test kit in like april/may of this year. i have been around in the hobby for about 14 years or so, but was never on forums. this is my first personal experience with salifert tho. i normally would just run samples to my LFS when i was going in for top off water back in the day.
Ah gotha. Well, for titration kits, I've always found Salifert to be accurate and precise for Alk, Ca, and Mg. These days I have a Trident that does the heavy lifting, but it needs to periodically be calibrated, and I use my tank water to calibrate it with. Just test alk a couple times to make sure you can reproduce the same test results, test Ca and Mg once because they're just not as important so long as you're in the ballpark, then use those numbers to calibrate. Works like a charm.

QuirkyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you want to talk nostalgia? Guess which action figures just got a 30th anniversary re-release?! Follow up question, guess who is a DINK and 100% is going to get the whole set?!! haha

street.gif

jaw.gif
I’m more of the Xtreme Dinosaurs but I respect Street Sharks lol

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back