Zeolite reactors

Lessard11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys/gals,

I'm newer to the hobby and have been putting my 90 gallon reef tank together for the last 9 months. BTW, this is my 1st reef tank. I've read a bunch about zeolite reactors are have a couple questions.
1. I'm looking at the Korallen Zucht 4L Dual Chamber Magnetic Zeolite Reactor. Is this a decent system and is it big enough?
2. Is it worth even getting this type of reactor?
3. If I do get it, should I start using it as soon as I get the system up and running? With corals, of course.
Thanks for looking and I appreciate any advice.

Gregg

cultivatedcoral

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Gregg,

You don't need a 4 liter reactor for a 90 gallon tank. Zeovit method requires only 1 liter of Zeolite's per 100 gallons NET of water.

You could easily purchase a Two Little Fishies Phosban Reactor 150 which we sell that will hold enough Zeolite's for your size tank. You just have to shake the Phosban Reactor by hand though.

If you want to purchase a Phosban Reactor from us, just PM me. Our shopping cart is not working at the moment. They are only $36.99 +$9.75(Shipping).

Any questions, let me know.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really feel that new hobbyists should learn the basics and go through the typicals trials and tribulations before messing with something that even the most expert aquarists don't understand, such as carbon dosing. So, I urge you to wait on the ULNS "systems"/"methods" for when you've got a firm grasp on other things in the hobby and have some more experience under your belt.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back