OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sending healthy, thriving thoughts to their lil bodies.

Are you going to wait a bit before purchasing more and maybe in smaller batches. I think I’m getting PTSD from your experiences.
I have already placed an order to replace the ones I lost. I really think it was because I had the water too warm that I lost most of the first ones because I haven't lost any since I lowered the temperature.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my second order from Reef Beauties today and once again the lemon goby didn't make it and es DOA. Does anyone know if they are just a fish that doesn't ship well? Maybe I should just wait until I can get one locally...

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got my second order from Reef Beauties today and once again the lemon goby didn't make it and es DOA. Does anyone know if they are just a fish that doesn't ship well? Maybe I should just wait until I can get one locally...
Citron/Lemon Gobies (most Clown Gobies for that matter) are underfed and starving when I find them in the store. Shipping a stressed animal causes further stress and can easily cause disease or death. Starved is stressed.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adopt Happy Birthday GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got new to me lights thanks to the wonderful, sweet, caring @ESABOE! The top rim that goes around the tank is too thick for the mounts she was kind enough to send with them so my husband is going to try to build a way for me to mount them if he's feeling better tomorrow. He was doing a little better but now he's gotten worse again. I will post pictures of the tank with the lights as soon as I can get them mounted.

Last edited:

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got new to me lights thanks to the wonderful, sweet, caring @ESABOE! The top room that goes around the tank is too thick for the mounts she was kind enough to send with them so my husband is going to try to build a way for me to mount them if he's feeling better tomorrow. He was doing a little better but now he's gotten worse again. I will post pictures of the tank with the lights as soon as I can get them mounted.
I thought they were the same lights you had?

I sent the separate Red Sea Universal mounts that should go on most tanks.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought they were the same lights you had?

I sent the separate Red Sea Universal mounts that should go on most tanks.

They are my other ones don't fit either I think the tanks original rim was replaced by the guy I bought it from. It's thicker than normal tanks.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are my other ones don't fit either I think the tanks original rim was replaced by the guy I bought it from. It's thicker than normal tanks.
Well that’s a bummer / will you be able to use those mounts at all?

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that’s a bummer / will you be able to use those mounts at all?
Well, if you weren’t using those mounts from your set, I shouldn’t have sent you another set - lol.

You should probably try to sell them as they are brand new, with not a scratch on them.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back