Non responsive light to remote

Vylet Tendencies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 different Aqueon 36” led optibright bars attached under 2 different shelves. When I first plugged them in they were in sync with 1 remote and I was delighted. But something happened and now one light bar will not respond with the remote. I can only plug it in or unplug it for on / off and no ability to change lighting. I don’t want a programmed lighting for the tanks. I prefer manually adjusting intensity and color but now I can’t do the same with both lights. Is it a light problem or a remote problem? Help get them synced again

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
welcome aboard the r2r board. hello from PA!

i don’t have any experience with that light but i would suggest upgrading if you plan on keeping corals. there are many “black box” options that are cheap but effective

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
Just from a trouble shooting stand point. Do you have the other remote? If so will it control both or the one that is no longer controlled by the current remote? Are both sensors "visible" to the remote? ie is there line of sight from the remote to the sensor?
I dont have these lights so unsure how its set up. I do have a couple planted 24/7 lights over a row of 10gs and one above a 40b. The sensor for those is in the cable to the light about 4" from the body of the light. Sometimes after tank maintenance I have to remember to adjust the one to get it facing forward again or I can not turn both on at the same time with the one remote.

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, Unfortunately I am not familiar with that light. If you post in the lighting section I'm sure people there could give better help here is a link

welcome-to-the-team-meme-work.jpeg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back