Normal clownfish behavior?

EB707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this normal clownfish behavior? Both of my clownfish seem to hangout in the back corner of the tank in this spot and swim vertically. They have even moved most of the sand out of the corner to give themselves more room.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! Yes, that is VERY normal clown behavior. They are strange little fish. Mine did that for 6 months, and still do to a degree, but at least now they venture out and about a bit more.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal clownfish behavior.

They have established that corner of the tank as their territory.

Watch them closely and you will observe them using their tails to push gravel out of the way. They even pick it up with their mouths to move it. And they will keep removing it until they get to the glass bottom. Then they may lay eggs on the glass.

OP
OP
EB707

EB707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal clownfish behavior.

They have established that corner of the tank as their territory.

Watch them closely and you will observe them using their tails to push gravel out of the way. They even pick it up with their mouths to move it. And they will keep removing it until they get to the glass bottom. Then they may lay eggs on the glass.
My wife and I were wondering if they may be getting ready to lay eggs.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I were wondering if they may be getting ready to lay eggs.

It will take a while. First, they have to set up shop. Once done, then you will see them do their mating dance where the male (smaller of the two) encourages the female.

Back