UPGRADING FROM 90G TO 233

TOMACONDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers,
So I started a 90g Jan 15th, so beginning of 5th month. Currently have two zoa, one torch, frogspawn and a Duncan. two clowns, blenny a fire fish and a tomini tang. various clean up crew, bristle star, astria snails, and another the name escapes me. and some red and blue legged crabs.
Really enjoying reefing so far!! so much so that i have order a 233g 72x30x25H.rimless (STIll Waiting on tank to arrive) ss60 bashea sump. two various 10s. Sump will be in basement not sure if i will run both will have to make modifications to sump to make room. also ordered three Radion XR30 blues. (Maybe need another not sure) and two mp40s. I guess a few questions trying to prep for the switch over from the 90 to 233

1. How much of the live rock from 90g should i use in sump to help seed? or should i just slow cycle like i did the first time i have aquascaped with marco rock apx 140lb
2. will three of the x30s be enough? for 72 in
3.going from 90 to 233 what do I not know? lol
4.Will I need more then the two MP40s.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use as much live rock as you can spare to seed the new tank.
Have you considered using Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock? I have a shipment set to arrive in May and look forward to having 100% cured rock to start.
The XR 30s will be a great start. I supplemented with Reefbrite light bars, but a lot of people have Orphek. You can always pick up more.
2 MP40s don’t seem like enough, but again, you can always buy more. Many have gyre pumps as well.
Can’t wait to see what you create.
Good luck

OP
OP
TOMACONDA

TOMACONDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the feed back
I figured that mp40s would not be enough. wavemaker of some sort seem to be what people have been adding
i will check out the Tampa bay live rock. however I did like the process of building out the aqua scape with the marco rock glue and motor, making my own thing was pretty satisfying. cant wait to get it in the box

How long does it take to seed to new rock in tank?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back