AlgaeBarn order placed, paid for but not received

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RabidDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AlgaeBarn,

I have placed two separate orders on your website.
1. Sea Lettuce - softball size = $40.00
2. Red Ogo - tennis ball size and 2 bottles of coralline Algae; 1 pink, 1 purple = $69.00

Both orders were successfully placed on your website: AlgaeBarn. I did not receive the expected email summary of either order. Both orders posted with my Bank and have been paid: Posted on: 3/19 for $40 and 3/22 for $69.00
Both order were scheduled to be shipped on 3/22/21 and received on 3/24/21 if my memory is correct.

I placed a "Ticket" on your website regarding this and did receive the confirmatory: "Your ticket has been created with the ticket ID 77160 and subject "orders place and paid for, not shipped? Someone from our customer service team will review it and respond shortly. Regards, AlgaeBarn Support Team."
I have not received a response back regarding this ticket to date.

Honestly, given AlgaeBarn's exceedingly high reputation on this website I'm assuming that I made an error somewhere causing this issue but am growing frustrated. I have a new tank and would really like to start up my refugium before my Nitrates and Phos levels climb further. (Was really planning on Cheato but its sold out and didn't want anymore to wait more for it). After obtaining the algae I plan on purchasing the 4 types pod packs.

Please help me resolve this before you run out of the Lettuce and Ogo.

Thank you,

Jeremy MacDonald

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi there Jeremy! Your email with ticket ID 77160 came in 3/24 and we responded shortly after and the same day informing you your order had been shipped the previous day (3/23). With Gmail account sometimes emails do not go directly to inbox and end up in spam or promotional folders. Your tracking information was automatically sent to your email as well and we can DM you that tracking number. Instead of shipping 3/22 your order went out 3/23 as Tuesdays are when we get our fresh shipment of coralline algae.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AlgaeBarn,

2. Red Ogo - tennis ball size and 2 bottles of coralline Algae; 1 pink, 1 purple = $69.00

Both orders were successfully placed on your website: AlgaeBarn. I did not receive the expected email summary of either order. Both orders posted with my Bank and have been paid: Posted on: 3/19 for $40 and 3/22 for $69.00
Both order were scheduled to be shipped on 3/22/21 and received on 3/24/21 if my memory is correct.

I placed a "Ticket" on your website regarding this and did receive the confirmatory: "Your ticket has been created with the ticket ID 77160 and subject "orders place and paid for, not shipped? Someone from our customer service team will review it and respond shortly. Regards, AlgaeBarn Support Team."

Honestly, given AlgaeBarn's exceedingly high reputation on this website I'm assuming that I made an error somewhere causing this issue but am growing frustrated. I have a new tank and would really like to start up my refugium before my Nitrates and Phos levels climb further. (Was really planning on Cheato but its sold out and didn't want anymore to wait more for it). After obtaining the algae I plan on purchasing the 4 types pod packs.

Thank you,

Jeremy MacDonald
Would you like to edit the title?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Simpsons Christmas GIF by Animation Domination

fish2112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question I placed order with order number 275656 and it's just saying processing on my and expected to be delivered on the 2nd why is it still processing

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a question I placed order with order number 275656 and it's just saying processing on my and expected to be delivered on the 2nd why is it still processing
You need to also reach out to them via their website. Sponsors are not always checking their forum here in a timely manner. Thanks.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

Order processing means that your order has been received but not yet shipped. You will receive an email confirmation along with tracking information once your order has shipped.

Your order was placed this morning Apr 29, 2024 at 7:18am. A team member has responded to your customer inquiry form as well so please do check for this in your email and watch for further updates.

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
AlgaeBarn,

Thank you,

Jeremy MacDonald

DO NOT PUT SEA LETTUCE, AKA ULVA, IN YOUR TANK.

It will outcompete ANY macroalgae in your tank, and it can spread through your tank without it getting out of the fuge.

Take the time to GOOGLE ULVA. I had to break down a 150g because it sent THOUSANDS of shards of tiny ulva shards in my display. I lost coral because it would bottom out my nitrate and phosphate. NOTHING would eat it, including 3 tangs. (PBT, yellow, and naso....i bought a tiny naso to see if it would eat, but it wouldn't.)

No inverts would eat it. I had to dose nitrate and phosphate so I wouldn't bottom out. I ended up having to break down the tank.

DO NOT PUT THIS IN YOUR TANK. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!!! It was a hitch hiker in Algae Barn's chaeto. I thought this is cool, a small piece of it. Well, it is incredibly invasive. Once its in your tank, you can't get rid of it. It will always be in the water column somehow, or growing somewhere you won't see, and it will continue to spread.

See some threads. YOU DO NOT WANT THIS ANYWHERE NEAR YOU. Some say tangs will eat it, but its mixed reviews. Some say foxface will, but foxface isn't always reef safe.

It will literally cover your rocks in green, completely. It will grow from baseball size clump to gallon zip lock bag full in a week. Its crazy.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DO NOT PUT SEA LETTUCE, AKA ULVA, IN YOUR TANK.

It will outcompete ANY macroalgae in your tank, and it can spread through your tank without it getting out of the fuge.

Take the time to GOOGLE ULVA. I had to break down a 150g because it sent THOUSANDS of shards of tiny ulva shards in my display. I lost coral because it would bottom out my nitrate and phosphate. NOTHING would eat it, including 3 tangs. (PBT, yellow, and naso....i bought a tiny naso to see if it would eat, but it wouldn't.)

No inverts would eat it. I had to dose nitrate and phosphate so I wouldn't bottom out. I ended up having to break down the tank.

DO NOT PUT THIS IN YOUR TANK. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!!! It was a hitch hiker in Algae Barn's chaeto. I thought this is cool, a small piece of it. Well, it is incredibly invasive. Once its in your tank, you can't get rid of it. It will always be in the water column somehow, or growing somewhere you won't see, and it will continue to spread.

See some threads. YOU DO NOT WANT THIS ANYWHERE NEAR YOU. Some say tangs will eat it, but its mixed reviews. Some say foxface will, but foxface isn't always reef safe.

It will literally cover your rocks in green, completely. It will grow from baseball size clump to gallon zip lock bag full in a week. Its crazy.

Hi there,

I am very surprised to hear that you received sea lettuce with an order of chaeto. We do not grow these two macroalgaes in the same systems, let alone close enough to one another to become contaminated. We also have a strict protocol regarding cleaning and inspecting all of our macroalgaes during growth and prior to being prepared for shipping.

I tried to look up an order for you and was hoping that you could please reach out to us directly regarding your order you had issues with since I cannot find anything in our systems with your R2R handle. I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

~Sam

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Hi there,

I am very surprised to hear that you received sea lettuce with an order of chaeto. We do not grow these two macroalgaes in the same systems, let alone close enough to one another to become contaminated. We also have a strict protocol regarding cleaning and inspecting all of our macroalgaes during growth and prior to being prepared for shipping.

I tried to look up an order for you and was hoping that you could please reach out to us directly regarding your order you had issues with since I cannot find anything in our systems with your R2R handle. I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

~Sam
This was about 4 years ago. That small 3 cm piece of uvla cause a lot of issue back then.

Your processes may have gotten better since then.

Again, Ulva isn’t something you should sell. I’m sure you easily make buckets of it and it may help give ya some profit, but it is really unethical to sell it.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was about 4 years ago. That small 3 cm piece of uvla cause a lot of issue back then.

Your processes may have gotten better since then.

Again, Ulva isn’t something you should sell. I’m sure you easily make buckets of it and it may help give ya some profit, but it is really unethical to sell it.
Hi there,

The fact that your order was from 4 years ago does not mitigate the fact that we would like to help if we can. If you want to DM or email us your email address or name associated with your order we would be happy to help!

as was stated in the previous message, we are very surprised to hear that you received sea lettuce with an order of chaeto. We do not and have not grown these two macroalgaes in the same systems, let alone close enough to one another to become contaminated. We also have a strict protocol regarding cleaning and inspecting all of our macroalgaes during growth and prior to being prepared for shipping.

As far as lettuce overgrowing and being something folks do not want to have in their systems; to each their own. There are plenty of folks out there, myself included, who have/had Ulva in their refugium or a reactor and never have an issue with it "taking over a system."

That being said, the articles you linked refer to the overgrowth being due to conditions that are too favorable and an imbalance in nutrients—the imbalance of nutrients, particularly high levels of phosphate and nitrate. If you are still experiencing these nutrient issues, we would be happy to help!

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ulva can be wonderful in a refugium, and makes good food for many herbivorous fish. It's not invariably harmful. It is, also, the responsibility of the buyer to research any livestock they want to add into their tank, to find out if it might not be the best fit for their system.

If everything that can potentially be invasive was unethical to sell, it'd be unethical to sell GSP, xenia, most clove polyps, multiple varieties of mushroom corals, and a good few popular varieties of zoa, no matter that people want to buy them. Be a silly thing to try and insist on, though.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are way to many people who use this, and way to many companies that sell this, I'd stop picking on one Vendor

OP
OP
RabidDragon

RabidDragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the uva, (lettuce) in my refugium for a couple years, it never spread. I accidently killed it about a year ago when I used product: Underwater Creations "Vibrant'. I had purchased the bottle prior to it being discovered as an algicide. It also killed most of my snails and my clam. I will not use any product from this manufacuter again.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 35 29.7%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back