BTA falling off rock

Kenhill82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Just added a neon green bta yesterday, and it will not stay on the rock. Found it holding on for dear life this morning halfway in the sand. Daughter just text me saying it was in the sand. Any suggestions to keep it to not falling in the sand. Also, how bad is it for them in the sand?

Last edited:

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank? They generally do not do well in "young" tanks.

That said, they will move on their own to find ideal flow and light.

OP
OP
Kenhill82

Kenhill82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank? They generally do not do well in "young" tanks.

That said, they will move on their own to find ideal flow and light.
It is a young tank, guess i will just give him some time. I know they will find their happy spot, just want to make sure it doesnt end up upside down in the sand

OP
OP
Kenhill82

Kenhill82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An anemone detaching can also be a sign it's under stress. Be VERY careful with this. If the anemone dies it releases toxins and sometimes will disintegrate. Very, very bad. What are your current parameters? And how young is the tank?
I did do a water test yesterday, all within range, dont know numbers of top of my head, but all within normal range. Tank is about 3 months old, but everything else i have in it is doing very well! One clown fish is actually starting to host in my Hammer. The BTA came in a package deal, wasnt quite ready for it yet, but hoping for the best. Hence why asking for advise.

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider bringing it back to the LFS. You may not get a refund, but to me, it ain't worth the chance. Too many variables in your tank at this age.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back