Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 68 38.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 34 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

While air bubbles in our tank can be a problem, bubbles that are part of corals and mushrooms can add texture to the collection of corals and can also add another layer of beauty to the tank. These bubble-like structures may include bubble-tip anemones, hammers, blastomussas, bubble corals, mushrooms, and more. What about you - Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef? If so, please let us know what bubble-like corals and mushrooms that you keep and feel free to share pictures! And no, there are no bonus points for bubble algae.

Ebeez_Ricordia.jpeg

Photo by @ebeez

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner1.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bubble coral that has been in the tank for at least 5 years. I am surprised that it has lasted that long with the flow, space limitations and clowns. The clowns like the Goni’s, but use this as kind of a vacation home. It inflates to about double this size when the lights ramp up.
IMG_6724.jpeg

tony34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up on Sunday. Pic is from a few hours after getting in the tank. He's still ticked off after the move but I'm very excited about it!

Attachments

• 20240429_114842.jpg
    20240429_114842.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 38

CoachRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a piece that has grown like crazy. Doesn’t really look like a bubble and doesn’t really look like a hammer but somewhere in the middle. It’s the closest one in the pic the others are a hammer and two frogspawns
IMG_0755.jpeg

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 different bubble corals in my reef, in a bubble coral garden of sorts. Had all of 'em for at least 4 or 5 years, and they do great. They've all doubled or tripled in size since I got them. I have them in between my rock islands, in low flow and moderate light.

Enad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have 3 beautiful bubbles, one purple, one a unique blue, and another a beautiful teal. Sadly they all passed away in a power outage incident this past January. They were all among my favorite corals and had been through so much.

Looking to replace them with one really great and unique Bubble, but I've yet to find the right piece.

twnturbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have 3 beautiful bubbles, one purple, one a unique blue, and another a beautiful teal. Sadly they all passed away in a power outage incident this past January. They were all among my favorite corals and had been through so much.

Looking to replace them with one really great and unique Bubble, but I've yet to find the right piec

twnturbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool i thought you were talking about the bubble tip anemone type of coral

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back