Cade Chaos Grimoire

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my dream fish in the tank. Really this is the last fish addition I was going for. I had one for about 4 months previously that mysteriously died with no signs as to why, so fingers crossed this guy does better. So far the tangs are afraid of him and keeping their distance.

PXL_20201209_213104195.jpg
I'm deciding if I wanna get one as well is it well active or does it hide? Do you think it'll fit in a 4 foot long 70g?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm deciding if I wanna get one as well is it well active or does it hide? Do you think it'll fit in a 4 foot long 70g?
Yes, you should be fine. They're not super active fish depending on who they're with. Mine hid non-stop in the 4ft long tank when he was with tangs - now that he's away from them he's much more active and present in the tank. No aggression issues as long as I don't count shrimp :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should clarify, 2 of the 3 are unclaimed. One will be used for a scrubber. Thinking possibly one for a calcium reactor long-term but it may be awhile before it's necessary. I'll have to build up coral populations.

I plan on starting to unpack some of the boxes of sump equipment I have stored in the closet tonight, so I can sort out what can go where and what kind of space I'm looking at.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back