• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Don’t do business with this person

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the paypal account is a dummy account. You can open one and as long as the transaction is less than $600 you don't have to do anything that ties you to it. You just send the money to another account and it is gone.

Thankfully paypal will refund his money and try and go after the scammer. But they won't get anything back.
Wow interesting did not know this. Youre not a scammer are you???? lol jk

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily you used Paypal. This is a good reminder to everyone not to use a payment method that doesn't offer buyer protection (i.e. Venmo, Cashapp, etc.)
True but if you use a credit card it's even faster and easier to call your bank and they remove the charge immediately so your account is credited back the same day.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Luckily you used Paypal. This is a good reminder to everyone not to use a payment method that doesn't offer buyer protection (i.e. Venmo, Cashapp, etc.)
i thought venmo was owned by paypal? wouldn't their TOS be the same?

regardless i do agree. paypal is supreme!

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let me know if you get your money back it is indeed a low thing for someone to scam.
Wouldn’t do business with this person at all. I paid on Sunday for the two mp40’s and two wet sides were also supposed to be included in the deal. She said that she was going to send them out the next day before noon. I contacted the person three days in a row and still haven’t heard anything back. I can tell she’s been active and reviewing threads on the forum but yet has to respond back to my email, my messages on the forum, and on PayPal. I definitely wouldn’t buy anything from this person. Just sad considering I spent 515.44.

OP
OP
Reef Plop

Reef Plop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it looks like I got refunded hasn’t been put in my bank account yet but I’m happy that I should be getting my money back. Thank god I used PayPal goods and service.
IMG_4563.png

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you report the sales thread or one of the messages so Admins can kick the user if necessary.

OP
OP
Reef Plop

Reef Plop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 BNIB MP40s sounds like one of those crazy deals anyways.
For sure haha too good of a deal to turn down haha I definitely learned my lesson to check there profiles and what not. I did look at there profile and I was skeptical about it but I’m bad at saying no to a good deal lol! Thankfully I used PayPal G&S!

OP
OP
Reef Plop

Reef Plop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you report the sales thread or one of the messages so Admins can kick the user if necessary.
I’m not sure how to do that I’ll try and figure it out, it’s been awhile since I’ve been on reef2reef I’m just currently getting back into saltwater after taking a 2 year break! Thanks for the info!

Mwatts12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure haha too good of a deal to turn down haha I definitely learned my lesson to check there profiles and what not. I did look at there profile and I was skeptical about it but I’m bad at saying no to a good deal lol! Thankfully I used PayPal G&S!
Glad it’s working out. What a shame

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure how to do that I’ll try and figure it out, it’s been awhile since I’ve been on reef2reef I’m just currently getting back into saltwater after taking a 2 year break! Thanks for the info!
There is a little report button on the bottom left of every post.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back