EMERGENCY verimit snails invading

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
Bumblebee snails are great for vermetids, but still require some help from you. Remove as many as you can by hand and place superglue over the opening.

SaltLifeMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't panic. Bumblebee snails are not the end all be all, they are slow and they have to find the snails first... so you will need a lot. Best thing you can do, if it is possible, is grab one rock at a time and clip the tubes as close to the base as possible with bonecutters or coral snips. The worm lives at the bottom of the tube, so you have to clip it all the way down. I'd put a bead of super glue on the bottom just in case. If you can't grab the rock, or reach it or whatever, clip off what you can (be sure to remove, just don't clip and let it float away) and superglue the top. You can make coral snow super cheap, but watch videos about its use and how much etc. Worms will send out their nets, usually in the evening or when they sense food in the water so what I have done is turn down my flow, add a little food to entice them out and then dose the coral snow. The theory is that they grab the coral snow and starve, but I'm not super convinced its a great way to erradicate...but it can't hurt. Educate yourself on Youtube about them and really learn how to deal with them. I always keep a really healthy team of bumblebee snails in my tanks but I look at my tank with a magnifier to keep an eye on any pests that may be present, then I act appropriately to help the CuC out. Good luck!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While manually removing I would add more bumblebee snails. I about a year and a half ago and haven’t seen a vermatid snail since, bumblebee snails are still in there.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back