Good day from Sweden I am only just getting into the saltwater hobby coming from the freshwater scene

Urchin boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings I am a 23 year old saltwater aquarist from Sweden that only recently started up my first saltwater aquarium which is a redsea G2 200+ which is 200 liters in total including the sump and main display tank.
1000003053.jpg

My main goal is to turn it into a Carribbean seagrass meadow biotope aquarium featuring only fish species and invertebrates that originate from the Carribbean such as the yellowhead Jawfish and Halloween hermit crab and several more.

I was thinking of keeping turtle grass but if it's too tall for my setup I could always go with the smaller star grass.

I used to keep a 145 liter south american blackwater biotope setup complete with tannins leaf litter and driftwood and several species of south american fish.

My first task before cycling it will be to build a deep sand bed to prepare for my sea grass being added later after the tank is mature enough.

Once I have gotten to that point I am sure to post updates on a new thread about my tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
U

Urchin boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! That sounds like a really fun idea. Will follow along!
I found the website aquaticusplants.com that is supposed to be able to ship seagrass internationally including to Sweden unfortunately I cannot order anything from it as I keep on getting the error message "We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items" I have no idea as to why is this happening other than possible technical issues even tried to reach out to the website owner through the phone number on the website but nobody was there

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I found the website aquaticusplants.com that is supposed to be able to ship seagrass internationally including to Sweden unfortunately I cannot order anything from it as I keep on getting the error message "We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items" I have no idea as to why is this happening other than possible technical issues even tried to reach out to the website owner through the phone number on the website but nobody was there
A lot of the specialty websites are challenging. They tend to be small businesses with little ability to support issues as they arise. Crossing fingers that you'll be able to either find another website or the owner gets back to you soon!

OP
OP
U

Urchin boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the specialty websites are challenging. They tend to be small businesses with little ability to support issues as they arise. Crossing fingers that you'll be able to either find another website or the owner gets back to you soon!
I have been searching all over the web trying to find even just one supplier of seagrass that ships internationally and it sucks so many of them of the few that do exist are basically USA only so Europeans are basically screwed for the most part especially on the local markets where I am from where it's basically even more nonexistent

Back