Lid for Fluval Evo 13.5

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone using as a replacement lid for their Evo 13.5? I’m looking to replace the stock lid and have looked at Kraken Lids. I have an AL Blade and will get the elevated mount to go with the new lid.

Just checking to see what other lids people have preferred.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i use the red sea DIY lid for my 40B. not the prettiest, but it gets the job done. i'm sure you can build your own like BRS did with hardware store items. i do plan on buying the clear view lid for an upcoming tank transfer/upgrade (going from 40B to 60G cube)

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm about to start an evo build. We have a deskmate Florida with a kraken lid and two blades with the elevated mounts and love it. I just wish I would had paid for the evaporation cover.

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3850c27b-c8f7-4ba5-8ddc-cdcb86b79e02.jpg

Here is my current standard kraken reef lid. I will note if you do need to change out the netting (mine was fairly damaged), it's very easy. If you do go this route, note that water evaporation is A LOT. I had to get an ATO to balance out my water loss.

OP
OP
RichWise73

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3850c27b-c8f7-4ba5-8ddc-cdcb86b79e02.jpg

Here is my current standard kraken reef lid. I will note if you do need to change out the netting (mine was fairly damaged), it's very easy. If you do go this route, note that water evaporation is A LOT. I had to get an ATO to balance out my water loss.
Thanks. That looks clean. I already have an ato to keep salinity stable.

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. That looks clean. I already have an ato to keep salinity stable.
No harm in getting this lid then. If you do, get the feeding port. I have dropped this lid into the tank so many times now trying to feed mainly because Im clumsy :confounded-face: since mine was secondhand im fine with it but if I purchased brand new definetly go get that small upgrade

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 13.5, I purchased this acrylic lid from AquaLifeStudio on ebay! They seller is great and they offer custom cuts for cables if requested. Here is a link:

OP
OP
RichWise73

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a Red Sea DIY kit for mine. I actually bought the biggest one. and I have used it on several tanks. (same one) As far as Evap goes... In my mind Evap is air exchange, which equals good PH, unless you have high Co2 in the house then your not doing yourself any favors...

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back