Meet my new little devil

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the last fish to my 70 today… the dreaded six line wrasse! Couldnt resist, they are so beautiful. I think she will be okay in there, Ive got a nasty tempered damsel, another damsel, a dottyback and two maroon clowns to keep her in check! I just hope she does eat bristleworms…

IMG_5380.jpeg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the last fish to my 70 today… the dreaded six line wrasse! Couldnt resist, they are so beautiful. I think she will be okay in there, Ive got a nasty tempered damsel, another damsel, a dottyback and two maroon clowns to keep her in check! I just hope she does eat bristleworms…

IMG_5380.jpeg
Keep them well fed and maybe no one will be cranky :) And yes, a beautiful fish.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
my 6line worked wonders in my tank. i rehomed it because i wanted to avoid any potential aggression with new fish i added.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its currently ticked off my dottyback by trying to go in her hole. Shes chasing it all around the tank now. Ill keep an eye but might have to go fishing later!

killer2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sixline wrasse was also the last fish I added to my tank. Surprisingly, my clown pair has accepted him as one of their own. Hes the only fish that can hang out in their territory without a fuss, didn't think that would happen in a million years.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5380.jpeg
I have a little six line and I just love her!! She is a model citizen!! She eats copepods and I think she even eats spirorbid worms which is a big plus for me. Wait until you see the cocoon she sheds each morning just floating around the tank. Pretty cool really.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little six line and I just love her!! She is a model citizen!! She eats copepods and I think she even eats spirorbid worms which is a big plus for me. Wait until you see the cocoon she sheds each morning just floating around the tank. Pretty cool really.
Im sorry the what???

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry the what???
LOL, so six lines create a clear cocoon around themselves when they sleep so predators can not smell them. But in the morning, they shed it. no worries, it just floats around the tank, gets caught up in power heads or filter and is gone. Rinse and repeat if you will. They do this every night.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, so six lines create a clear cocoon around themselves when they sleep so predators can not smell them. But in the morning, they shed it. no worries, it just floats around the tank, gets caught up in power heads or filter and is gone. Rinse and repeat if you will. They do this every night.
Interesting! I just thought they slept in the sand like most other wrasse

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, I thought that too, but look it up , they are not sand sifters like most wrasse. Its pretty cool really.
Huh. I cant find her right now, shes probably hiding from my dottyback. Made the mistake of going in my dottyback’s barnacle she shares with the 3 dart gobies. (They kicked my blenny out, he has a little rock cave I got him now lol)

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, I thought that too, but look it up , they are not sand sifters like most wrasse. Its pretty cool really.
Okay thats weird! Im glad I looked it up, I probably would have thought she was sick or something!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back