My new 180 Gallon acrylic- mostly fish hoping to add more corals soon

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a large 280 gallon ply lookdown for several years and now moving all my fish and few soft corals over to my new 180 acrylic with much better lighting. Moved my maroon pair in first and my two butterflies (cbb and yellow longnose) will be next in a few days as soon as salinity matches between tanks. Then blue hippo tang, bicolor angel, neon dottyback, and flame angel to follow. Lights are 3 aI hydra 52 plus two white two blue t5s. Planning on trying mostly montiporas to start. Simple sump with macro , skimmer, and filter sponge. Hoping the tang and angels can help reduce the algae a bit. Probably done adding fish for a while to focus on corals. Hopefully all fish will continue playing nice with corals.

Here's the clowns/nems and liverock for now.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a large 280 gallon ply lookdown for several years and now moving all my fish and few soft corals over to my new 180 acrylic with much better lighting. Moved my maroon pair in first and my two butterflies (cbb and yellow longnose) will be next in a few days as soon as salinity matches between tanks. Then blue hippo tang, bicolor angel, neon dottyback, and flame angel to follow. Lights are 3 aI hydra 52 plus two white two blue t5s. Planning on trying mostly montiporas to start. Simple sump with macro , skimmer, and filter sponge. Hoping the tang and angels can help reduce the algae a bit. Probably done adding fish for a while to focus on corals. Hopefully all fish will continue playing nice with corals.

Here's the clowns/nems and liverock for now.

Love the clowns!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back