Photon email/android update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Baba-Yaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

Yesterday I got an email to upgrade to the android app. I did so and it downloaded a new app to my phone. I was using "Reef Nexus" and now its "Reef Breeders" I went through the setup and it was unable to find the tank light. I feel like it may have something to do with 2.4g. My phone is standard on 5g. But, it was working flawlessly before. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both. Together. Separately. Please advise. Anyone else encountering this or have advice?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey There, are you on android, or iPhone? If you're on android- try connecting your phone to the 2.4GHz network prior to attempting connection.

Please note that Android devices have a 2-minute cooldown period before attempting another connection. Please wait at least 2 minutes between lights if you have multiple devices.

If your initial attempt fails (indicated by a fast blinking blue or green LED), reset your light and wait at least 2 minutes before trying to connect again.

If the light blinks blue but still shows up in your app, delete it from the app before attempting to reconnect.

Upon successfully connecting, your indicator LED will be solid green, and will respond to the manual control sliders in the app.

If you’re still unable to connect, reach out to us for manual assistance. We’ll need the unique device ID from your light, which is the 6-digit code found at the end of your light’s WiFi network name. For example, if your network is named “reefbreeders-light_123ABC,” the ID is “123ABC.”

You can find your light’s network name in your phone’s WiFi settings.

We apologize if you have experienced issues and appreciate your patience. We’re excited for you to experience the new features soon to come with the updated app!

OP
OP
B

Baba-Yaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Thanks so much for the reply. I am on android. I was able to force switch to 2.4g on the router and it once again found the light itself. But neither app is able to control the light. Which app should I be using? The new app went through setup, asked for password and everything. But wont control the lighting at all. Please advise. Day 3 of early dark for the wet kids. They arent happy about it and honestly without the lighting the tank just seems lifeless.

OP
OP
B

Baba-Yaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Thanks so much for the reply. I am on android. I was able to force switch to 2.4g on the router and it once again found the light itself. But neither app is able to control the light. Which app should I be using? The new app went through setup, asked for password and everything. But wont control the lighting at all. Please advise. Day 3 of early dark for the wet kids. They arent happy about it and honestly without the lighting the tank just seems lifeless.
The light is solid green currently.

OP
OP
B

Baba-Yaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have restarted the light and the software several times now. now the light is flashing blue.
Just trying to add more information as I come across it. The light is on some schedule. I can reset it in the mornings after 7am and it comes on and stays on. Goes off at 5pm.

OP
OP
B

Baba-Yaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 4. Blinding immediate bright white light at 6am. Light shuts down at 5pm. Fish are not doing well.

OP
OP
B

Baba-Yaga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there someone there I can call for support? This didnt happen until I switched apps. The light WORKS i just can no longer control it. I'll pay for your time. I dont expect anything for free. But I need to get this fixed or get a new light ASAP.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.7%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back