Please help me identify and treat

btucker216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a fairly new tank about 6 months old and thought my fish had ich. It started with my hippo tang then I thought I was seeing white dots on my other fish. I set up a qt and dosed with cupermine for a few days it seemed better and went away. I kept at therapeutic level for 15 days. Then I started noticing white fuzzy spots on some fish and white on the edge of my clowns fins. I did have an ammonia spike in the the beginning of treatment but now been I’ve been doing water changes to lower the cupermine level and have dosed with rally pro and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

IMG_5233.jpeg IMG_5227.jpeg IMG_5224.jpeg IMG_5229.jpeg IMG_5230.jpeg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi, I have a fairly new tank about 6 months old and thought my fish had ich. It started with my hippo tang then I thought I was seeing white dots on my other fish. I set up a qt and dosed with cupermine for a few days it seemed better and went away. I kept at therapeutic level for 15 days. Then I started noticing white fuzzy spots on some fish and white on the edge of my clowns fins. I did have an ammonia spike in the the beginning of treatment but now been I’ve been doing water changes to lower the cupermine level and have dosed with rally pro and it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

IMG_5233.jpeg IMG_5227.jpeg IMG_5224.jpeg IMG_5229.jpeg IMG_5230.jpeg
Hepatus seems to have mucus cones mixed in with ich and may have stemmed from a skin irritation and others may have it. Check others to verify
Treatment in a separate tank will be coppersafe at 2.25 monitored by a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna brand

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back