Radion G6 with reefbrite hybrid setup

worstcaseontario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers. Currently I have a radion G6 blue on my tank and am looking at the reef brite attachment to get more of an even spread of par to my tank. Can anyone confirm if their setup works with the G6 as well or if it only works with the G5 series? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

worstcaseontario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome.

I really like the combination because it gives a very wide, even and shadowless light.
That's absolutely what I'm trying to accomplish. Dont get me wrong, the radion does really well on it's own. Due to no fault of the light(my own) I'm having some shadowing problems because of the layout I did with my rock scape. So I'm hoping this will help remove the shadowing and get more par out to some of the more fringe areas of my jbj24.

Do you know if the light has a ramp up/ramp down as well on it's own or is it just a straight on or off a side from what the dimmer can do?

KC2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's absolutely what I'm trying to accomplish. Dont get me wrong, the radion does really well on it's own. Due to no fault of the light(my own) I'm having some shadowing problems because of the layout I did with my rock scape. So I'm hoping this will help remove the shadowing and get more par out to some of the more fringe areas of my jbj24.

Do you know if the light has a ramp up/ramp down as well on it's own or is it just a straight on or off a side from what the dimmer can do?
All Reefbrites are just hard on/off unless you add an inline controller/dimmer. The dimmers that I bought from RB for my lights use the low voltage control available through an Apex. Now RB has updated it to use Bluetooth. There's nothing special about the LEDs except the spectrum so I expect someone with a little expertise in LEDs could point you to a low cost generic controller/dimmer.

OP
OP
W

worstcaseontario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use G6’s and reefbrites. It’s a perfect combo
Thanks for the reply! If you are running ab+, would you mind posting a picture of them with everything turned on and running when you have a spare moment? I'm interested in seeing it running on an other setup from the initial tank I saw it briefly running on.

Thanks!

OP
OP
W

worstcaseontario

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All Reefbrites are just hard on/off unless you add an inline controller/dimmer. The dimmers that I bought from RB for my lights use the low voltage control available through an Apex. Now RB has updated it to use Bluetooth. There's nothing special about the LEDs except the spectrum so I expect someone with a little expertise in LEDs could point you to a low cost generic controller/dimmer.
Fair enough, i will certainly keep that all in mind when it comes time to pull the trigger in a couple weeks. thanks so very much! I really appreciate it!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back