OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. I'm only guessing but I suspect the damage is to the silicone bead. If so, normal wear & tear. If that is the case, probably would do more harm than good trying to fix if OP starts cutting out silicone, etc. I'd leave it alone.

OP, how about snapping some pics?
I'm trying.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have made several seam threads and cannot stop thinking about this. I keep looking at my seams and I think there is something wrong or that they are going to fail somehow. A week ago I had a snail barely eat through the very top of a corner seam where barely any water is but I am still worried about that. I don't really know why I'm so worried it is a 65G marineland but it is a tall variant. Any tips or advice?
#reefsquad
Post a picture of your seam. Im currently in the same boat, Im monitoring my red sea seam (the one thats been know to blow). Im lucky as Im getting my 300 gallon in a week or so and just need to have no issues until then. A picture would help us tell you if its a DRAIN NOW situation or not

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt a snail is eating or damaging your bead.

Many leaks start with over aggressive glass cleaning with a scraper.

Had this tank going on 15 years never once any issue.

I fill to the black plastic moulding so I can’t see the water line

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize if anyone has still been following this thread. After a conversation with some reefers it turns out that the seams are completely fine and have excelent health. Thanks for the help! Just don't know what to do about the small torn off part of the extra glue the snail tore off.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back