Wavebox 6208 for Peninsula tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

go2ready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently purchased a tunze wavebox 6208 for my red sea peninsula s 700, this tank has a center overflow box on the long end and thats where I put the wavebox on
1708011812965.png

I dont find the wave satisfying tbh and after some reading from @rvitko it seems that the wave would splash into the overflow box thus reducing the wave energy. Is there a better placement for this tank? Could I take out the turbelle pump inside the wavebox and just use it as a standard pump? What accessories do I need for that? As I would rather run it as a standalone pump due to the noise if I couldn't generate a wave large enough

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make sure it is tuned and installed correctly, while the overflow will reduce wave height, you should still get a decent wave, 1/2" at least and if you dam up the overflow with a Durso or Stockman pipe so the level differential is minimal, just enough to surface skim, the overflow is almost a moot point. At least 3/4" of the wavebox should be out of water, it needs to be able to take in air and displace water, each tank has one perfect frequency, when you have a perfect consistent see saw wave with trough on one side, crest on the the other, you have hit the correct resonance frequency, everything else will be random chaos or a half or double frequency wave which will be much shorter. It does take patience and careful observation to get the timing exact. You can just convert it to a 6095, you would need to remove a set of magnet holders and install clamp 6025.630.

OP
OP
G

go2ready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rvitko for the information, much appreciated! Will give it a try worst case I am happy to use it as a 6095!

OP
OP
G

go2ready

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to comeback and say your tip is amazing, I got just over 1/2 inch of wave running now :) The wave persists even when 4xmp 40 + nero 7 started to run, amazing product, need to buy more tunze pumps...

Nicauj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you have a video and picture of the wavebox placement ? i've got the same tank with two reefwave45 but i feel it is struggling getting to the far end of the tank so i'm looking at options.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back