JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overgrown SPS island:
1714583525884.jpeg

The green grafted digi is clearly causing the most problems, overtaking the bubblegum digi. The Garf is also getting crowded, although it is holding its own. Everything seems to need a trim. Ugh...

How about this for cuts?
1714583608311.jpeg

Yellow will be the hardest cut--this is getting the grafted digi down to the rock and peeling it off the other corals.
Red would be trimming the anacropora, maybe even taking a bit off the right + trimming the stylo + trimming the birdsnest
Blue would be cutting the living part of the bubblegum digi branch and regluing it where the green digi is being removed.

Will the green digi start oozing everywhere if I cut it down to the rock? Maybe I should remove it to a tupper for a rinse before putting it back in as a frag?

Never had problems with SPS before because I could never grow it!

jimmers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. That is an amazing shot with so much colors. Good luck fraggin!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overgrown SPS island:
1714583525884.jpeg

The green grafted digi is clearly causing the most problems, overtaking the bubblegum digi. The Garf is also getting crowded, although it is holding its own. Everything seems to need a trim. Ugh...

How about this for cuts?
1714583608311.jpeg

Yellow will be the hardest cut--this is getting the grafted digi down to the rock and peeling it off the other corals.
Red would be trimming the anacropora, maybe even taking a bit off the right + trimming the stylo + trimming the birdsnest
Blue would be cutting the living part of the bubblegum digi branch and regluing it where the green digi is being removed.

Will the green digi start oozing everywhere if I cut it down to the rock? Maybe I should remove it to a tupper for a rinse before putting it back in as a frag?

Never had problems with SPS before because I could never grow it!
I just let the corals work out their own differences in my tank just like a natural reef in the ocean would.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just let the corals work out their own differences in my tank just like a natural reef in the ocean would.
Been my approach so far, but I thought the bubblegum would stand a better chance against the grafted monti. I like the BG, so I'm planning to intervene. Some locals could also use some free/cheap frags, so why not.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been my approach so far, but I thought the bubblegum would stand a better chance against the grafted monti. I like the BG, so I'm planning to intervene. Some locals could also use some free/cheap frags, so why not.
I just gave away multiple big colonies in my tank so I could start over with new frags and different coloration.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back