Where to Buy Coral?

bajohn32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote is Oceanic Gardens. It’s a coral farm located in Mahomet, IL. I live nearby and stop by 1-2 days a week, his stuff is top notch.

I was at ReefAPalooza in Orlando and was in line with a gentleman from Miami and we were talking about Oceanic’s prices. He made a large order a couple days later.

Give him a shot and check out his website. You won’t be dissatisfied.

Icedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal Gardens is my favorite. Got some beautiful and healthy specimens from them, and they had good after-sale advice!

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherry Corals has always been amazing to me. Unfortunately I had so-so experiences with Tidal Gardens.

Dicey1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Goat corals out of Indy. Healthy corals and good shipping that won’t break the bank. Jim, the owner, is awesome to deal with.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I’m looking into some coral, and I unfortunately can’t go to any LFS. What are some good online coral stores?
Try and find another local fish store LFS for colony corals because almost all the online stores like WWC, TSC, and weekly vendor sales here will be nothing but Frags with those algae causing plugs, but some people might want that in these changing times with frag tanks becoming more popular. Also look into your State Reef clubs groups here, you might find good connections in the club.

Aidan_823

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located?

If there is absolutely nothing, I’d say Topshelf, they have beautiful pieces

Tidal gardens

TRSC Aquatics, they have absolutely amazing pieces,

World wide corals

I really do recommend TRSC though, this facility is run out of the nicest guy’s you will ever meet garage, (probably not right grammar but whatever) he was a wide verity from simple pulsing Xenia to bounce mushrooms, all of the coral is perfect condition. He runs out of Charlotte NC if you are anywhere near there.

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote is Oceanic Gardens. It’s a coral farm located in Mahomet, IL. I live nearby and stop by 1-2 days a week, his stuff is top notch.

I was at ReefAPalooza in Orlando and was in line with a gentleman from Miami and we were talking about Oceanic’s prices. He made a large order a couple days later.

Give him a shot and check out his website. You won’t be dissatisfied.
I like Oceanic Gardens. Just bought a coral from them last week and they go above and beyond. Good communication. Sent photos of the actual frag and good prices too. Threw in a few free stuff as well which they didn’t have to do.

nano7g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefgardener Best rock anemones and Ricordia around and more
Cornbread corals awesome chalice corals
Sunnyside corals great selection large frags
Austin aqua corals reasonably priced colony size pieces
Recently bought a gorgonian from Sunnyside corals. Didn’t communicate with them that much, but the frag they sent me was maybe the cleanest plug frag I had encountered recently. Like perfectionist clean, pure white plug, minimal glue visible, positioned in a plastic cup to prevent rough handling in transit. I probably didn’t even need to dip it because it was so clean.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back