WINNER UPDATED!!!!Talk about the Sexy Corals October coral giveaway thread here!!!!

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev, is the statement above accurate? I thought repeat entries was grounds for disqualification. Is that rule still in effect?

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to start randomly talking again about how amazing Sexy Corals is for hooking up this prize. Anything else isn't important, cause seriously, Sexy's the man (though I feel weird saying that.)

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHOLE lot o people with 1 or 2 posts in that drawing.

Yeah I noticed that there should be some rules to these drawings especially 1 as big as this. I dont know if its just me and its not because I am a sore loser or a broke reefer wanting something free but I would be PIS*ED if someone with 1 or 2 posts won this giveaway

Oiseau Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev, is the statement above accurate? I thought repeat entries was grounds for disqualification. Is that rule still in effect?

I would hate to be disqualified because of this I just responded to my email that's all sorry if I did something wrong

clarky2120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I noticed that there should be some rules to these drawings especially 1 as big as this. I dont know if its just me and its not because I am a sore loser or a broke reefer wanting something free but I would be PIS*ED if someone with 1 or 2 posts won this giveaway

I've only been a member for a short period of time. A couple of months. I have had an aquarium for less than a year. I only have 1 or 2 posts, but I use this site regularly. Right now I don't feel comfortable giving advice when I'm so new to the hobby. Also, there is no reason for me to post questions because I can just use the search button. Every one of my questions I was ever going to ask has already been asked before. So why be redundant? Until I feel comfortable giving advice or find a question that hasn't been asked before my post count is going to continue to be low. Just because I have few posts doesn't mean I'm not deserving of the give away.

However, I feel some older users may be registering under a different username solely for a second chance at the giveaway. I think if you are going to exclude people you should exclude those who registered this month.

Trust me, I doubt anyone who is a new member or a person under 100 posts is going to win this giveaway. I just don't see them giving it to a newbie, but I still would like the chance just incase they are honest people.

Last edited:

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats kinda negative of you to say Clarky. the Rev runs this site like a family, he is a very honest guy and would in no way fix a giveaway in the way you are insinuating. If anything its better to see a new guy win so that other newbies can see what a great forum this is. The post count thing is just to incourage everyone to participate a little and be a part of the forum instead of just looking in and not sharing. Anyone can look up info here or on google or anyplace else, but if nobody posts about stuff then the site is just not the same. This site is not just about questions and answers, its about a community of people who share the same interest. If you participate a little more I can say for sure you will get alot more from this site then just information. As far as members signing on under various screen names just to enter, well the Rev can see the IP adresses and he is no fool.
The giveaway should go to the people who are willing to participate a little and make the forum what it is today. Otherwise it would just be like an online reef library, and who wants that?

TonyT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the hobby for 11 years or so and got for a few years so I am new hear as well. So I dont think someone should be disqualified due to low posts? If they are unable to properly care for them they should be responsible enough not to enter the drawing. Hopefully they would be. Anyway good luck to everyone.

I've only been a member for a short period of time. A couple of months. I have had an aquarium for less than a year. I only have 1 or 2 posts, but I use this site regularly. Right now I don't feel comfortable giving advice when I'm so new to the hobby.Trust me, I doubt anyone who is a new member or a person under 100 posts is going to win this giveaway. I just don't see them giving it to a newbie, but I still would like the chance just incase they are honest people.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is some good advice

Reef2Reef is an absolutly fantastic forum and welcomes everyone with 3 post or 3000! Like nick said, and any new member is just as likely to win as a senoir member

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev is a Good guy, whoever gets drawn will get it.

This, 100 percent this.

Plus keep in mind I'm pretty sure admin's can view what all members have replied to a thread-and I'm guessing this is what he uses when making the draw-so double posting won't actually help you any.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back