WINNER UPDATED!!!!Talk about the Sexy Corals October coral giveaway thread here!!!!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys serious??????? These contests are in no way fixed... Look at the my miami give away dude snoozed and drainbamage took the glory with a second round knock out!!!!!! Wow!!!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure... I just asked rev, will let you guys know shortly... I don't even know how it works to be honest.... I'm guessing on the admin board it can randomly draw a name....

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes we have a winner. Let me say that I am a Christian first and foremost and do not lie. I have ethics and I value them very much as I want to please my God. That being said we use a random number generator to get the winner. The winner will have 48hrs to respond or I will redraw. ANYONE is eligible to win. This is just as much a way to reward members as it is to gain new members. We also keep an eye out and are alerted to to people signing up under new names as well as posting to many times. Sometimes the contest run a day or two long. I will note that next time. The winner will be announced in the next post from me.

Also I will be starting a brand new giveaway right after I announce the winner.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes we have a winner. Let me say that I am a Christian first and foremost and do not lie. I have ethics and I value them very much as I want to please my God. That being said we use a random number generator to get the winner. The winner will have 48hrs to respond or I will redraw. ANYONE is eligible to win. This is just as much a way to reward members as it is to gain new members. We also keep an eye out and are alerted to to people signing up under new names as well as posting to many times. Sometimes the contest run a day or two long. I will note that next time. The winner will be announced in the next post from me.

Also I will be starting a brand new giveaway right after I announce the winner.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The winner is.............

ruppertb

You have 48 hrs to contact me or we will redraw!

Sorry for those who did not win. I will start the new giveaway in a moment.

Tyrrell109

Wet Behind The Ears
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Ruppertb, hope you get in touch with the sexyness, It's one heck of a pack.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats to the winner!

And a bigger and another thanks to Sexy Corals for this pack-just stunning!

And a slightly less big thanks to the R2R team for making it all happen for the benefit of others

clarky2120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats kinda negative of you to say Clarky. the Rev runs this site like a family, he is a very honest guy and would in no way fix a giveaway in the way you are insinuating. If anything its better to see a new guy win so that other newbies can see what a great forum this is. The post count thing is just to incourage everyone to participate a little and be a part of the forum instead of just looking in and not sharing. Anyone can look up info here or on google or anyplace else, but if nobody posts about stuff then the site is just not the same. This site is not just about questions and answers, its about a community of people who share the same interest. If you participate a little more I can say for sure you will get alot more from this site then just information. As far as members signing on under various screen names just to enter, well the Rev can see the IP adresses and he is no fool.
The giveaway should go to the people who are willing to participate a little and make the forum what it is today. Otherwise it would just be like an online reef library, and who wants that?

Im just saying because I am new to the site I haven't really felt part of the "family" yet. I have been browsing trying to read as much information as a new guy can possibly read. My first priority is to build knowledge for the sake of my aquarium. If I make friends in the process thats great, but first and foremost is building knowledge. There are other sites and other people who do run shady giveaways and things of that nature. I am by no means saying Rev is that type of person. I am however saying it does happen. Being skeptical and doubtful is a good thing. Nobody wants to be conned, taken, or having a feeling of being cheated.

My point is, I'm new to the site, have never seen a giveaway from this site before and this is an awesome coral pack. It seems too good to be true. And what do most say about things that are too good to be true? Do you understand? I'm new, have never seen a giveaway from the site, so yes I'm going to be skeptical of a give away of this magnitude. If this always happens on the site then thats great! I'm glad to see sponsers giving away coral packs and in return getting more business from those that were involved in the raffle. It sounds like a good idea and many say it is a legit drawing, but can you see where the skepticism may come from a new guy? By no means was I trying to be rude. I am always looking for the catch because this giveaway seemed too good to be true.

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarky, I find it difficult to be conned on a give away...

Thank you rev and sc for an awesome thing

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats !
Thanks Mike for doing this and Thanks Rev for offering these give aways on the site.

clarky2120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarky, I find it difficult to be conned on a give away...

Thank you rev and sc for an awesome thing

You forgot to add the part of the sentence about "being cheated." But you totally missed the point I was trying to make.

The giveaway seemed too good to be true. So being a new member I thought there was a catch. I see now there wasn't, but at the time and not knowing Rev, I was skeptical. I was trying to defend the position of being skeptical is not a bad thing.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back