locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t show up
If u ever want to sell the 350 I know a guy who introduced you to TSM
That guy is bad news lol TSM is still my go to for exotic fish! Ray is king!! No one matches his service and fish. Heck he had marine biologist go to the 17 k gallon tank to diagnose fish ailments! I’ll always owe you one for that link up!

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the garden Eels? How much sand are the in currently?

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the garden Eels? How much sand are the in currently?
Zack not really that deep. 2.5 inches maybe parts with 3 but they move around and I’ve seen them in parts of the aquarium that have a thin layer of sand. I am now adding them slowly to the 350. hoping to end up with 20-25 of them there. you need a super calm tank I feel. Once they know you they won’t fear you. I love them and they eat once acclimated. Definitely drip acclimate them to increase your chances of survival.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic build!

Do you find the height to be an issue for cleaning? I am thinking of going 48".
Every moment of my life lol. Having said that I would not go shorter for this large a tank. Love the depth. I would recommend that if you can plumb away from the tank area go shorter with your stand. My stand is 36” plus an additional 48” of tank equals having step ladders as furniture lol

samson78945

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every moment of my life lol. Having said that I would not go shorter for this large a tank. Love the depth. I would recommend that if you can plumb away from the tank area go shorter with your stand. My stand is 36” plus an additional 48” of tank equals having step ladders as furniture lol

I was thinking of going about 32" with the stand. Would you go even shorter? The area I want to put it would look great with a super tall tank. I'm just worried about the cleaning and placing corals aspect.

OP
OP
L

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you can. My Nyos needed the 36” stand to fit below it. I didn’t know I would one day have the sumps outside. Now I would love to empty out the tank and get a new stand but that would be too much $$ right now. Maybe one day.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back