OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a gorgonian, gonipora and a small colony of la lakers. Tank is starting to take shape.

The room is fairly clean. I still need to clean off the work table and finish extending the desk for the printers.

I got 6 more Celebes rainbows for the 12 footer and my buddy gave me a male and femal kribinsis. No more fish for the 12 footer unless replacing a loss.

I will take pics soon and post what all has been done

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pants on fire!

Did you ever stop and think maybe my pants somehow caught on fire and that has prevented me from taking said photos? You would feel guilty if that were the case. :astonished-face:

That being said, I haven't finished yet. It's still a mess so no photos yet.

I promise I will get them taken as soon as the mess is cleaned up.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever stop and think maybe my pants somehow caught on fire and that has prevented me from taking said photos? You would feel guilty if that were the case. :astonished-face:

That being said, I haven't finished yet. It's still a mess so no photos yet.

I promise I will get them taken as soon as the mess is cleaned up.
and you probably would have photographed the pants, at least I would have.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and you probably would have photographed the pants, at least I would have.
Absolutely!

I wonder if anyone following this is old enough to remember hot pants?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely!

I wonder if anyone following this is old enough to remember hot pants?
Yeah, even the basketball ball uniforms in high school tended that direction. Short and tight...at least you could run without having them fall around your ankles!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today, the 187 gets emptied and vacuumed out. My incredible wife has agreed to help me finish organizing the room and cleaning it up.

Tomorrow morning, the 187 stuff is leaving and the magnificent is being rehomed.

I still have to rehome the regal.

The last of the brackets for the stand next to the new reef come in today so I can assemble it and get the water change stuff setup. Sunday will be the first water change not tomorrow as I wanted.

Tomorrow, I go to tennessee to pick up disc brake parts for the 71 and then put up the television on the wall and start on the shelves on either side of it. I should be able to finish them this week and move all my fish and woodworking books out here.

Fun filled weekend for sure!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today, the 187 gets emptied and vacuumed out. My incredible wife has agreed to help me finish organizing the room and cleaning it up.

Tomorrow morning, the 187 stuff is leaving and the magnificent is being rehomed.

I still have to rehome the regal.

The last of the brackets for the stand next to the new reef come in today so I can assemble it and get the water change stuff setup. Sunday will be the first water change not tomorrow as I wanted.

Tomorrow, I go to tennessee to pick up disc brake parts for the 71 and then put up the television on the wall and start on the shelves on either side of it. I should be able to finish them this week and move all my fish and woodworking books out here.

Fun filled weekend for sure!
Huh? What? Did you say something?

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it weren’t for bad luck…

The guy can’t come this morning to get the tank. I have it drained and his fish in a bucket. Going to have to put them in my sump until tomorrow.

This throws off the entire weekend but it’s not something unusual for me. Ugh!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it weren’t for bad luck…

The guy can’t come this morning to get the tank. I have it drained and his fish in a bucket. Going to have to put them in my sump until tomorrow.

This throws off the entire weekend but it’s not something unusual for me. Ugh!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK tank is picked up and he broke it on the way home. Lovely.

I am two fittings shy of finishing the water change setup but am filling with rodi and salt anyway.

Here is where the 187 sat before:

TVhungup.jpg

Yep, it's covered in fingerprints. lol!

As soon as I finish the plumbin of the water change, I will start hanging the book shelves on either side of the TV.

BTW, the $20 diverter valve won't work, it has zinc coated screws inside of it. :angry-face:

So, I am going with a power head for mixing and a mag 9.5 from the holding tank to the display. I will just put alexa outlets on them so I can turn them on and off easily.

I also have figured out the weight for salt to bring it to right at 1.025 so I don't have to fiddle around adjusting a whole bunch. The first time will take a couple adjustments but, after that it should be straight forward.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK tank is picked up and he broke it on the way home. Lovely.

I am two fittings shy of finishing the water change setup but am filling with rodi and salt anyway.

Here is where the 187 sat before:

TVhungup.jpg

Yep, it's covered in fingerprints. lol!

As soon as I finish the plumbin of the water change, I will start hanging the book shelves on either side of the TV.

BTW, the $20 diverter valve won't work, it has zinc coated screws inside of it. :angry-face:

So, I am going with a power head for mixing and a mag 9.5 from the holding tank to the display. I will just put alexa outlets on them so I can turn them on and off easily.

I also have figured out the weight for salt to bring it to right at 1.025 so I don't have to fiddle around adjusting a whole bunch. The first time will take a couple adjustments but, after that it should be straight forward.
Sucks about the diverted valve. I do not believe that was listed in the description so thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater mixed and almost up to temp. I will test salinity at that point. Fill pump plumbed and ready to go.

I have three alexa outlets running this:

1...The heater and power head for mixing the water
2...The fill pump for adding the new saltwater
3...The main return pump

It will go like this:

1... After the water is ready, turn off outlet 1 and 3 and ATO.
2... Open drain valve and let out 25 gallons of water
3... Close valve and turn on outlet 2 until tank is full again
4... Turn off outlet 2 and turn on 3 and make sure the water is at the same level before turning ATO back on.

Whole thing shouldn't take about 5-10 minutes to do a 25 gallon change.

We will know this afternoon if this craziness works as well as planned.

:)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, it went really smoothly except for a couple things.

1... the alexa outlet for the return pump didn't respond I had to manually unplug and plug.
2...somehow, my calculations were off and it only changed 16 gallons.

I ordered more outlets to deal with item 1 and 16 gallons happens to be 10% of the total system volume so, I can deal with it.

The good news is, even manually doing part of it, It took 4 and a half minutes. I set a timer to find out.

I would call that a success!

I also was able to calculate how much salt I need, via a digital kitchen scale, to top off the container and how much for a complete batch and it came out to exactly 1.025 with my recently calibrated temperature comensating refractometer.

16 gallons 2512 grams
26 gallons (full batch) 4082 grams

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the bookshelves up today and some of the books on them. Printing a bunch of book ends right now.

I still need a shelf below the TV for the amplifier and some decorations and a classic Nintendo. ;)

bookshelves.jpg

The soundbar and sub will be here Friday.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the bookshelves up today and some of the books on them. Printing a bunch of book ends right now.

I still need a shelf below the TV for the amplifier and some decorations and a classic Nintendo. ;)

bookshelves.jpg

The soundbar and sub will be here Friday.
I count seven books on the shelves. I suspect this is about 3 times the amount of books you've ever actually read. I do give you props, though, for trying to lead us to believe you read books.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I count seven books on the shelves. I suspect this is about 3 times the amount of books you've ever actually read. I do give you props, though, for trying to lead us to believe you read books.

I actually have a bunch more to go. Having to print bookends.

And, who said anything about reading? I like the pretty pictures.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back