Introducing the Hydros Maven

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He genuinely seems to have been impressed with trying out the Hydros system. The Launch is really nice, and I feel it's hard to argue against it for the price point if you don't already have a controller.
The Launch is meant as a starting point. That question was ask a lot since there are quite a few controllers in their lineup. But instead of having a main brain and modules they decided to give each module enough computing power to be a stand alone controller or to be a member of a collective of controllers that act like a larger controller. The launch has the most popular ports so it makes a good stand alone controller and a good starting point for more advanced systems. I think it will be between the Launch or the X4 Pro Pack as the starting point for most users.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, although I was referencing SaltwaterAquariums. BRS will continue pushing Neptune products given they're owned by the same company -- which is unfortunate.
SWA will always keep pushing Aperture brands, they make up a significant portion of their sales and revenue.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 54 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back