Introducing the Hydros Maven

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He genuinely seems to have been impressed with trying out the Hydros system. The Launch is really nice, and I feel it's hard to argue against it for the price point if you don't already have a controller.
The Launch is meant as a starting point. That question was ask a lot since there are quite a few controllers in their lineup. But instead of having a main brain and modules they decided to give each module enough computing power to be a stand alone controller or to be a member of a collective of controllers that act like a larger controller. The launch has the most popular ports so it makes a good stand alone controller and a good starting point for more advanced systems. I think it will be between the Launch or the X4 Pro Pack as the starting point for most users.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, although I was referencing SaltwaterAquariums. BRS will continue pushing Neptune products given they're owned by the same company -- which is unfortunate.
SWA will always keep pushing Aperture brands, they make up a significant portion of their sales and revenue.

teaktoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One single Maven can test Alkalinity, Calcium, Magnesium, Nitrate, Phosphate. You will not need to purchase a machine per test.

As well, the Maven can be ran standalone, or added to a Collective with other Hydros Controls.
When is this releasing for purchase? Waiting another month is fine. Moving forward with a reefbot of this is not shipping for several months is a better choice.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked the Hydros guys at Aquashella a few weeks ago (nice, helpful, patient guys). They said not firm but probably early Q4, so a few months away. It did look like a really nice setup and well thought out in terms of cleaning tubing between tests etc to reduce carryover artifacts.

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not everyone has an apex and if they do, they’re not all committed to it like you may think especially if the original Trident is any barometer for NP. And here’s the reality, Trident and NP are going to continue to burn through your reagents unlike Maven - a true hidden cost that no one is talking enough about. There’s no minimum testing requirement per day with Maven unlike Apex.

Here’s the bottom line, Aperture is releasing Apex Trident NP when the phosphates test has NOT been working as of just a little over 2 months ago since last spoke to NSI (beta testers for Neptune). There’s a problem with the low resolution. The fact that they rushed this for RAP Orlando and laying it on a table with no price when it’s less than a month out should be a warning sign to EVERYONE.
I have an Apex Pro w Trident and EB832. Neptune did me zero favours when my 2 year old base unit completely broke, they just advised to buy a new A3. I can’t wait to move away from Neptune all together and give this a try. FTR, my trident’s tests are not reliable, another reason to move away. Buying the new Trident AP is the best example of throwing good money at bad money.

tbaum101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have to wait for the official product information but if you look at the image provided you can see multiple colored lines behind the front red one. Also they show the removable sample vile, nice touch, which also supports to multi support single unit.

Two things come to mind

Will ABC reagents come out with kits for this
Will Hydros be open to third party reagents

Everything else will sort itself out be it cost of unit, tests per day, reagent shelf life (and bottle), etc. They have had some time to sort through current automated systems to get some input as to what to do, and what not to do, and maybe some pain points. Obviously that isn't all they did but clearly there is enough out there as to what could be improved or what to stay away from (probes, discs).
From what I saw, Hydros will have proprietary reagents so they can control the quality and strength of the solutions. It sounded like this will assist with accuracy.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I saw, Hydros will have proprietary reagents so they can control the quality and strength of the solutions. It sounded like this will assist with accuracy.

You mean market speak or are they suggesting that ABC reagents are of lower standard?

Back