ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, just a sneak peek at the day!

Blaine showing me some of the corals we picked! Notice the cute “hold” sign. It was literally roped off in one of their huge farm tanks. I was smiling like a little kid when I saw it.

@TopShelfAquatics @BlaineTopShelfAquatics

24-05-14-03.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Helllooo Fellow Reefers! (Sorry Blaine, I just had to use your intro just this once)!

I just got back to hotel after an incredible day and evening with TSA!

First, and I believe most important, every member of the TSA crew is kind, passionate and generous of their time. And they didn’t have to be. They could have done a quick tour, videotaped what they needed and called it a day - I was spending their money, not mine.

What happened instead, is I was treated like a real VIP, they listened to my thoughts about reefing, showed me behind the scenes action, allowed me to take what I thought was a long time picking corals; never rushed and I could see they were enjoying the day as well going into detail how TSA does business and creates, cultivates, and sells the top aquacultured corals in the country! Each crew member greeted me, let me know what their role was and was excited as I was for me to be there!

The owners, Kevin, Alex, and Steven went out of their way to make me feel welcome (thank’s Alex for the best peach cobbler ever; and Kevin for showing me his awesome office tank we all saw in video and giving me a sneak peek of a new project he is working on; and to Steven to creating the financial opportunity to do such a huge giveaway- I was just one of the prize winners!

They also took me out to a fantastic BBQ lunch, and Blaine and his family took me out to dinner. Everyone’s generosity humbled me.

I go to bed smiling deeply, as my cup is full.

More to come….

@TopShelfAquatics @BlaineTopShelfAquatics @revhtree @Daniel@R2R

https://www.instagram.com/stories/t...rce=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
24-05-14-06.jpeg
WONDERFUL!! I'm so happy to read this post!! The folks at TSA are absolutely awesome! As you mentioned, this is a group of kind, passionate, and generous reefers! We are absolutely blessed to have them as an awesome sponsor of our community!

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you had a grand time! Pics to come….?
Lots of pic Steve - maybe not as many as you would do; I got so immersed at looking at the vast collection of corals I sometimes forgot to ask their videographer, Garrett, to please take a photo of something in particular.

Think I can just ask for their entire library of photos - hehehe. JK

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching and waiting for an update...
Dog Waiting GIF
Our favorite puppy! I was totally “Squirrel ” about every foot or so I walked in their farm!

I’ll be doing multiple posts on the farm as it deserves that level of detail.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of us who followed the giveaway and watched the videos, we got to see individual tanks of the farm in the background of Taras’ videos, it in no way gives you a sense of the individual tank or breadth of the farm itself.

I will post a detailed description of my farm tour with photos, but thought I’d share a photo of one of Blaine’s favorite farm tanks, and now one of mine. It is their OG oldest tank in the farm - 7yrs old - Blaine actually did a video specifically on this tank(link below) and if you haven’t watched it I highly recommend).

I asked specifically for this angle as it’s how Blaine loves to round the corner, pause, and be drawn into its beauty. I stood their for quite awhile and even went back one more time just to experience it’s beauty.

I actually chose some of my corals based on the incredible colonies I saw in it.

Corals have encrusted all over the PVC pipe; old and new varieties growing together like a true mixed reef; a variety of color you would see in a home reef. And the fish / those pajama cardinals shown in the video don’t give you a sense of how big they are! I actually had to confirm was I looking at a pajama?!? The fish throughout the farm are Chonky, Uber healthy, and clearly living their best life!

Another cool thing is this tank has no mechanical filtration- just filter socks and a Bashee reactor running carbon,

My tank is basically the same, a Red Sea roller matt and a monthly change out on a chemi-pure bag. Well, close enough! I think seeing the simplicity of the setup and the unbelievable results in that tank just goes to show, you can have success and not break the bank on equipment!

24-05-14-01.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WONDERFUL!! I'm so happy to read this post!! The folks at TSA are absolutely awesome! As you mentioned, this is a group of kind, passionate, and generous reefers! We are absolutely blessed to have them as an awesome sponsor of our community!
Couldn’t agree more!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of us who followed the giveaway and watched the videos, we got to see individual tanks of the farm in the background of Taras’ videos, it in no way gives you a sense of the individual tank or breadth of the farm itself.

I will post a detailed description of my farm tour with photos, but thought I’d share a photo of one of Blaine’s favorite farm tanks, and now one of mine. It is their OG oldest tank in the farm - 7yrs old - Blaine actually did a video specifically on this tank(link below) and if you haven’t watched it I highly recommend).

I asked specifically for this angle as it’s how Blaine loves to round the corner, pause, and be drawn into its beauty. I stood their for quite awhile and even went back one more time just to experience it’s beauty.

I actually chose some of my corals based on the incredible colonies I saw in it.

Corals have encrusted all over the PVC pipe; old and new varieties growing together like a true mixed reef; a variety of color you would see in a home reef. And the fish / those pajama cardinals shown in the video don’t give you a sense of how big they are! I actually had to confirm was I looking at a pajama?!? The fish throughout the farm are Chonky, Uber healthy, and clearly living their best life!

That was an incredible tank tour. Can’t wait til you show us your corals when they arrive.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So happy for you Jen! Can't wait to see what corals you picked out!!!
I will post once I have the good photos from Garrett. Very likely they will post first and I will add to this thread

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to a beautiful Florida Shower storm with lightning and thunder- soo cool. Opened the patio door, enjoyed breakfast and watched the rain / perfect way to start the day .

Attachments

• IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3012.jpeg
    IMG_3012.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 35

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up to a beautiful Florida Shower storm with lightning and thunder- soo cool. Opened the patio door, enjoyed breakfast and watched the rain / perfect way to start the day .
Those Cheerios look different! My wife left this morning and will be about an hour’s drive from where you are. It’s actually a lot closer than it sounds due to traffic. Unlike California with it’s stress free commutes and very light traffic, Florida roads are very congested with heavy traffic.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the Drool emoji?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 140 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back