Tunze 6255

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is the Tunze 6255 going to be available?

Is this new Tunze also able to be controlled and ramped via the apex the controller like the 6105?

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Kbra,

It is difficult to say specifically, but we fully expect the 6255 to be available before the end of the year.

And yes it will be fully controllable like the 6105 and will get along just fine with an Apex.

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm afraid there aren't any updates but the ETA remains the same. If you'd like, I can PM you when they arrive.

Otherwise, you might try contacting your Tunze retailer and see if you can place a pre-order. Then you'd be sure to get one as soon as they become available.

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to know when these are available too! I saw them at MACNA, and they were most impressive...

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize but we are still waiting for the 6255s to be shipped from Germany. I will update everyone here as soon as we get more information.

OP
OP
Kbra

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pump would make a good MP60 replacement :)

I think so too. Just need to get one... Marine Depot was kind enough to offer me store credit for my defective MP60. Ecotech was kind enough to offer me a refurbished dry side for my new one. So i took Marine Depots offer :D

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got mine! Another 2 more on the way as well...

I'm really blown away by how much more flow these produce. Not only is the flow wider... it "throws" the water just as far as my 6155's. Now i have no dead spots and all my acro polyps are "a rockin"!

While it is too noisy in the warehouse to really notice, Tunze added some vibration dampening to these pumps as well, they have 4 rubberized stems that connect the magnet holder to the pump. They do pop off easily when you are setting up the pump and trying to aim it just right, but so far have been rock solid in normal operation.

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again to everyone for your interest and, of course, patience. The Stream 6255 is our most powerful home-aquarium sized powerhead and has many year's worth of design improvements. As is always the case, we needed to make sure it was as perfected as possible before releasing it for sale, but I should still apologize that it took a little more time than expected. The good news is that now that they're out, they will be available with increasing regularity.

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - I am considering swapping out my MP60's and was looking for a video comparing the MP60's with the 6255. Also can you emulate the different modes like pulse, nutrient transport etc with the apex programming and the VDM?

Craig Borowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen any videos comparing the 6255 to any other pumps apart from the MP40. You can find it on YouTube. It's not exactly a fair comparison, the 6255 wins hands down as would be expected, but you can get an idea of the 6255's flow pattern and rate. It is designed to be a wide flow pump and pushes a stream with a 3-3.5' diameter about 7' in length.

The Apex will allow for a huge variety of programming options. It would take some planning on your part if you want to replicate those specific modes exactly, but it will not be difficult to get something similar.

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...I'm so tempted to get a pair, but I'm afraid it'll be too much flow for my tank. Roger actually said it probably would be too much flow, but I still wanna try :p I wanna give my SPS optimal flow. I wish I could try them out first before I decide. I'm alreayd running 2x6155 and 2x6205. I'd like to replace my 6205's. Hmmm...

90greefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...I'm so tempted to get a pair, but I'm afraid it'll be too much flow for my tank. Roger actually said it probably would be too much flow, but I still wanna try :p I wanna give my SPS optimal flow. I wish I could try them out first before I decide. I'm alreayd running 2x6155 and 2x6205. I'd like to replace my 6205's. Hmmm...

I hate that too you cant try stuff before dropping your rent on something. I bought some equipment and its not what i expected, oh well i guess thats what trades are for.

Back