If you could design a “new” series of tanks for the RedSea Reefer series, what would they look like

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could design a “new” series of tanks for the RedSea Reefer series, what would they look like and what features would they incorporate?

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Junk the ato and incorporate a remote fuge.
I like that! The ATO on the 250 was a PITA. With the popularity of Triton, ATI etc rising a remote fudge would definitely be a welcome addition for those seeking to go that route

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean a really low tank?

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shallow Reef ....100%! Hopefully someone from Red Sea will see this thread and pass on ‘their’ customers’ wishes

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shallow Reef series would be awesome, external overflows on all there lines would be at the top of my list
Some of these overflow boxes in the UK are so expensive! It would be great if they could incorporate an external overflow. Coast to coast?

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Reefer series but really think they have hit their size/volume limit on a mass manufactured series of tanks. Surely it’s time for them to explore some different options and other versions with perhaps quite radical design changes?

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I got tired of waiting,,,,,,

CD4FDF27-FEF9-48F6-999B-D491EC56013F.jpeg

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now we know how much better this would be if the designed and built this!

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging from the poll....it looks like the ‘lagoon’ style is the odds on favourite!!! However, there are still SIX more days until the poll ends.

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they should perfect what they have first before starting anew... increase return pipe size as well as drain pipes. My reefer 900 has 2x 3/4" return pipes... smh. Should be at least 1".

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they should perfect what they have first before starting anew... increase return pipe size as well as drain pipes. My reefer 900 has 2x 3/4" return pipes... smh. Should be at least 1".
Doesn’t seem to make sense...is it the case that it works out a lot cheaper for them to use the same pipe as their previous model (I believe that is the same size, please correct me if I’m wrong)

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, would you look at that! We have just recieved 1 vote for a cube redesign! Now who doesn’t love a cube?

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to my calculations they could supply a 36(d) x 36 (w) x 30 (h) cube tank that would be 170 gallons (640 litres) ....loving that! Does anyone know how thick the glass would have to be on something like this?

OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll never own another RS tank, I can’t trust em.
That’s a shame! I have seen a few negative reviews over the last year on some of their models but they have recieved overwelming and widespread praise both on their build quality and design for years.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree, 3/4" returns (unless theres like 4 of them) is hilariously small for that size of tank. Also, they should take a real hard look at all the failures they have had over the past year with quite a few of there models and rethink how they design and manufacturer these tanks and stands, especially the larger ones..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mav2

Mav2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So based on the comments so far we could be looking at ‘potentially’ two new models :

1, Red Sea Reefer Squared (cube) - 170 gallons - 36 x 36 x30 )inches, 1inch (at least ) returns, external ghost/coast to coast overflow, Remote Fuge and lower than average stand to create an low boy’ for those wonderful top down photo opportunities. Did I miss anything?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back