1 fish, 2 fish, 3 fish.... More?

underwaterdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 150 has been up and cycled for a few months now. I added 6 bangaii cardinals yesterday am to my existing stock of fish(to key existing 6 fish). No change in among or nitrite and my nitrate remains at between 0 and 5ppm. My question is how long before my tank levels out and I can add more fish? I was thinking 2 weeks but I'm open to others ideas.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting 2-3 weeks in between adding fish to the DT is a good habit to develop. That's not to say you can go out tomorrow and get a new fish and add that to your QT since it will have to be in there for a while anyway.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above.....now that you've got that tank up and running with fish, the one thing you don't want to do is introduce some bad bug. OT any other fish you plan on adding.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above.....now that you've got that tank up and running with fish, the one thing you don't want to do is introduce some bad bug. OT any other fish you plan on adding.

lol... QT not OT. The fish dont need to go into over time :D unless they are tied in the 4th quarter of course

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said what I meant and I meant what i said....you need to put in OT on any new fish you get and put it into QT......but you don't get time-and-a-half. :D So I forgot the little tail!!!! :eek:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said what I meant and I meant what i said....you need to put in OT on any new fish you get and put it into QT......but you don't get time-and-a-half. :D So I forgot the little tail!!!! :eek:

LOL!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back