10ft in wall

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replay!, it might be ok with 1500 ,but the 3000 as i run it it use up about of media and i use only Dastaco media and controller lowest at 130 and normally at 140-155liters change with the alcatronic.
I just feel feed up with it as spent so much money on the unit in this short time and replaced everything expect the flowmeter and the plastic unit :), But as the issue have be with leaks i guess it might be the media reactor aint 100% level so it close 100%. I talked to em so i hope we can get some sort of solution to get it running with no leaks. But i don't now of any other reactor to use looked at Dastaco but have to give em one more chance to get it right before i remove this unit for good.
Great tp hear you got it on warranty , i haven't every part is paid for even my dealer is great so i got his prices from deltec as he also se the issues we got on this unit
have a great weekend and stay safe
I don’t think there is any other reactor that’s comparable with the Twin Tech for normal ease of use, and hence if you want to change its back to very basic equipment

I can’t find anything anyway, and to be fair, DD customer support from Tony Rogers is first class on this and any other equipment they supply.

And you to, enjoy the weekend and the tank

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60AD0E4D-260E-4541-A6BF-432201F5C5F6.jpeg
this beauty did arrive today!
Deltec Germany send it express and my dealer just was here and now it’s completely tight it was the best Christmas present
As tank have high demand and I need it I was so tired of the unit but now everything is forgotten big thanks to Deltec and my dealer
Have a great Christmas everyone

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope the new year be good to you I cleaned the sump room a bit and last year I toss all pellet jars and smal triton bottles in a box and now I understand why I can’t afford a steak feed mostly frozen food but over time it sure adds up with pellets I still run 3 auto Neptune feeders with different food mixes over the day

55838BA6-6AFA-4C4F-8428-45F6A32B6FD6.jpeg

Attachments

• A9973525-6DF6-47D6-A258-7BA61FCE4A3D.jpeg
    A9973525-6DF6-47D6-A258-7BA61FCE4A3D.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got some sense and removed the 2 gyre maxspect 280 from tank and put 2 more mp 60 I like ‘em a lot just disappointed with rust have changed 4 mp 40 wet sides since I started this tank but my old mp 10 who is ca 10 years have no issue same cleaning and also run 100%
Perhapps coat ‘em with cerakote to prevent rust on the shaft who is the main place no bursting magnets soo faar

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally got some sense and removed the 2 gyre maxspect 280 from tank and put 2 more mp 60 I like ‘em a lot just disappointed with rust have changed 4 mp 40 wet sides since I started this tank but my old mp 10 who is ca 10 years have no issue same cleaning and also run 100%
Perhapps coat ‘em with cerakote to prevent rust on the shaft who is the main place no bursting magnets soo faar
So are the max spect 280 the issue or the mp40 wet sides? I am having trouble following your statement. I picked up two gyres and want to be sure to avoid any known issues. If the mp60/40s are issue than why get rid of gyres?

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are the max spect 280 the issue or the mp40 wet sides? I am having trouble following your statement. I picked up two gyres and want to be sure to avoid any known issues. If the mp60/40s are issue than why get rid of gyres?
Gyre 280 was great in the start but need to much maintenance to work properly I also had some issues with controller and one power brick
But gyre have great flow so I am sure you will like em so long you clean em often never se any rust on gyre here.
The mp are great flow easy to swop wet side but for the money vortech fetch I would love to have better material, like abyzz 10 year warranty

Diastro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. One day I hope to get a 10 footer. Any advice or things you wished you did differently?

Also how do you feel about acrylic vs glass for this size?

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal gardens put out a great video on glass corrosion and finally i got it
The display glass have some haze who have increased the last 2 years and i tried every heavy duty algae scraper i could find but not any improvement so real ticked the manufacture who was a custom builder didn't know that side to put out as i understand from glass corrosion its not reversible and only get worse on time.

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. One day I hope to get a 10 footer. Any advice or things you wished you did differently?

Also how do you feel about acrylic vs glass for this size?
Thanks sorry for delay:) had problem with log in , glass is extremely heavy was a pain to move it in place and at our side we don't have any good acrylic manufacture and i have very little knowledge long term with acrylic but the weight is appealing so i sure would be interested to give it a test

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1208.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1204.JPG
    IMG_1204.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 21

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks sorry for delay:) had problem with log in , glass is extremely heavy was a pain to move it in place and at our side we don't have any good acrylic manufacture and i have very little knowledge long term with acrylic but the weight is appealing so i sure would be interested to give it a test
This firm has done some acrylic tanks for Sjöfartsakvariet. Around 500 L but I think they can do larger too- Otherwise - this company from Germany - the old Schuran brand

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Tobbe

Tobbe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This firm has done some acrylic tanks for Sjöfartsakvariet. Around 500 L but I think they can do larger too- Otherwise - this company from Germany - the old Schuran brand

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks Lasse its years ago i talked to Schuran but might be they way to go if i don't stick to glass.
And a company in Gothenburg sounds great. But i am not looking forward to swop tank as so much in it so i guess i wait tils its like a shower curtain :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back