15 NUVO Fusion AIO Cube Aquarium - Water not Evaporating?

BritCJ51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have set up this tank and currently in the cycling process.

Saturday: Set up all and filled it with water. Had some water level issues and with the help of this forum realized there might be some blockage of water flow in the filtration components. Fixed it.

Sunday night: noticed some evaporation, topped it off with RO/DI water.

Monday mid afternoon: topped it off again with RO/DI water

Monday night I noticed the water level in the display was kind of higher than usual so I thought maybe there was a blockage somewhere again. I had a bag of chemi-pure blue in the middle compartment and I switched it to the far right compartment where the return pump is. This seemed to have solved the high water level issue. Since Monday mid afternoon, I have not had to top off my tank with RO/DI water. Is there something I should be looking for? I find it strange that water has not evaporated since then.

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a 15 Nuvo. What I think happened is the chemipure was the blockage which caused the water level to go up in the display. Once you moved the chemipure, the elevated water level filled the last compartment above its usual height. It’ll take time before the level gets back to it’s normal height due to the extra water. This happens to me when my filterfloss is due to be changed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

BritCJ51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 15 Nuvo. What I think happened is the chemipure was the blockage which caused the water level to go up in the display. Once you moved the chemipure, the elevated water level filled the last compartment above its usual height. It’ll take time before the level gets back to it’s normal height due to the extra water. This happens to me when my filterfloss is due to be changed
I believe the water level has gone back to normal. It is currently at the middle line between the words "Innovative" and "Marine" where the logo is on the left hand side. Shouldn't some water have evaporated since then?

Thanks for your response!

Upvote 0

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I believe the water level has gone back to normal. It is currently at the middle line between the words "Innovative" and "Marine" where the logo is on the left hand side. Shouldn't some water have evaporated since then?

Thanks for your response!
The water should fluctuate in your last chamber with the return pump. Once the chemi pure was moved, water shifted. But without blockage the water level will stabilize in the display and will fluctuate in the return chamber

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

BritCJ51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water should fluctuate in your last chamber with the return pump. Once the chemi pure was moved, water shifted. But without blockage the water level will stabilize in the display and will fluctuate in the return chamber
Completely understand that and I saw the water go down in the return chamber and that’s where I topped it off with the RO/DI. I just find it weird that it hasn’t gone down since Monday. What is happening if the water fluctuates on the display tank instead of the return chamber?

Upvote 0

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Completely understand that and I saw the water go down in the return chamber and that’s where I topped it off with the RO/DI. I just find it weird that it hasn’t gone down since Monday. What is happening if the water fluctuates on the display tank instead of the return chamber?

If the water level in the display seems to be increasing, while the return pump chamber is decreasing despite you adding rodi water, it's most likely the result of decreased water flow from the display into the back chambers. That could really only be one cause; mechanical filtration, like filter pads, socks, or media bag slowing the water flow to a rate slower than the return pump can pump water back to the display.

Basically, the return pump is moving water faster than gravity because it's being slowed down by mechanical filtration. This can become a big issue when you have an ATO that keeps triggering because there isn't enough water in the back chamber.

Upvote 0

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • No

Votes: 152 76.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 20 10.1%
Back