150 Gal Fish Stocking List

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting back into the hobby and setting up a new tank. 150 Gal 5’x2’x2’. It will be SPS Dominant. Once everything is cycled and ready the following is what I plan to stock in it.

Fish List-

-Blue Hippo

-(2-3) Yellow Tang

-Pair of Ocellaris Clowns

-McCosker wrasse? Or Carpenter?

-(4) dispar or ignitus anthias

-(4) blue green chromis

-royal gramma basslet

-neon goby

-exquisite firefish

-mandarin

Any thoughts on stocking order and/or compatibility in general? My last tank was a 144 gal ran for a couple years then sold it due to work and I had the following fish stock-

- Blue hippo tang
-yellow tang
-desjardini tang
-vampire tang
-(2) clowns
-lawnmower blenny
-6 line wrasse
-target mandarin
-5 green blue chromis
-3 lyretail anthias

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be wary of 2-3 yellow tangs together in that size tank. I have seen groups work in much larger tanks, but haven't seen it work longterm in tanks around 150g.

OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your input, I will keep that in mind. Maybe swap out the extra 2 for different species. Powder brown & naso? What are your thoughts on the reat of the list? Also I couldnt really find mich of a difference between the dispar and ignitus anthias other than one gets about .5” larger. Is that the case or did I miss something? Thank you for your help

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder brown should be ok, though that is borderline in size. A naso gets too big.

The rest of your list looked good.

There isn't much difference between dispar and ignitus. They are sister species, so about as closely related as it gets.

Back