OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you plan on selling some ?

Yes, but not just yet. I want to have a brood stock that is sustainable. I sold one to a local reefer last week and had sellers remorse before I got home from the meeting. But I used the $ to get some cipro for future additions (if needed).

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about some marine pure ceramic media to help prevent a crash again?

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. I'm curious if you've read anything about raising alk to get natural splits.

Ellery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work.... I never had the balls to slice one... I've grown a bunch to about 12" diameter and miss them ever since I converted to all Acros. Someday I'll have an all Anemone Specific tank. The BTA's that are available today are so much nicer than the green and roses I originally had.

Quartapound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be following along closely. I've only bifurcated mine once so far and don't plan on taking it to your level (yet) ;) ...but truly inspiring!!! Good luck, look's like you're doing all you can to stack the odds in your favor.

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a target number in mind?

Enough to move 30/month (not saying I will find a market for that number)
~sell 30
~30 healing
~60 brood stock

Have you thought about some marine pure ceramic media to help prevent a crash again?

I really enjoyed reading through this thread. I'm curious if you've read anything about raising alk to get natural splits.

I have 100lbs of LR - Bio pellets - carbon - skimmer on there right now. I did meet the owner of Marine Pure @ MACNA. Real nice guy. As soon as I get a business permit I will order up some wholesale samples (damaged blocks) to see how they perform. As far as inducing 'natural splits', I have not looked in to it. My reasons for sticking with using a blade are simple; how is artificially stressing the nem 'natural'? It's not. I see the knife as a quick, clean, proven method that leaves an even cut to heal. Stressors, cause stress! Then the nem rips itself in two, leaving an uneven would for healing. JMO.

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing new, just adding pics for documentation.

IMG_1382_zpsfp7qcvyk.jpg

IMG_1385_zpshss8it1h.jpg

IMG_1386_zpsi8emxltl.jpg

IMG_1383_zpst925godt.jpg

IMG_1381_zps9spfzwut.jpg

IMG_2614_zps560g54bm.jpg

OP
OP
ProjectAnemone

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on which strain. This is my quickest 'reproducer'. I got this on in January and it is now 11, of which 4 are ready to be cut right now.

IMG_1184_zps1aftte1z.jpg

And then I have this guy I picked up in late Feb. It was the size of a nickel, now, nine months later, it's the size of a quarter.

IMG_9253_zpsbf399f2f.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back