2 days of growth animated

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an anacropora frag I got from tidal gardens last tuesday. Took pictures for 3 days to see if it was growing and it appears it is. If you look at the top side of the middle branch (just below the two at the top) you can even see the calcifying edge of the branch give way to a new polyp. It also seems to be getting more green, which is surprising since it's on the sandbed to acclimate to my lights for now and is only at ~80 par. Maybe I don't need to move it higher at all...

ezgif-6-fdff188df7.gif

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
briar coral grow way faster than acros. They make me feel good when people come over and comment about "my sticks" and I'm all like....yeah I'm pretty good at this. It's one of the few coral I've actually fragged. It's an "easy mode" SPS and is a great confidence booster. Enjoy it! I have an electric lemonade and the yellow color and shape is striking in my tank.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
briar coral grow way faster than acros. They make me feel good when people come over and comment about "my sticks" and I'm all like....yeah I'm pretty good at this. It's one of the few coral I've actually fragged. It's an "easy mode" SPS and is a great confidence booster. Enjoy it! I have an electric lemonade and the yellow color and shape is striking in my tank.
I love brightly colored easy corals. I recently discovered these briar corals (anacropora) and I am hooked. I can't wait for my frags to grow and really color up. I have the greenish lemonade one and the RRC goldenrod. Sure wish the goldenrod would take off!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 66 39.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back