2 ID's please

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a spiderweb lunar? Huge polyps.

toxie033.jpg

And what is this? I just got it today. It is by far the brightest polyp I have seen, totally glows. If there is no ID I like Toxic Revenge (if that one is not taken).

toxie054.jpg

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man first ones are nice! the 2nd ones i think i have those when i got them they were called reverse watermelons

IMG_5055.jpg

I

inactive

View Badges
Is that 2nd polyp pink IRL? I had a few of these polyps when I got my orange ones that were the SICKEST neon pink I've EVER seen and they died. :(

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man first ones are nice! the 2nd ones i think i have those when i got them they were called reverse watermelons

+1 They are sweet as can be.

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that 2nd polyp pink IRL? I had a few of these polyps when I got my orange ones that were the SICKEST neon pink I've EVER seen and they died. :(

I'll do a search for the pink IRL and see if I can find anything, the color is crazy bright on them. No kidding, they are least 2-3 brighter then any other I have. I would say that pic looks oversaturated but I didnt touch it, they are just that bright.

dang dude, where are you getting all of these SICK palys?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. :xd:

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First one is some sort of lunar, but I don't think it's a spiderweb. Nice under those lights though.

The second could be an everlasting gobstopper or something like it. Could also be like Bn251's palys. I guess it would depend on whether or not it gets a dark ring in the pink. My gobstoppers glow unnaturally like that and have a green center.

I'd give them some time to open up and acclimate to your tank. Polyps don't always look the way they will when first introduced into your tank.

Just for reference, this is more like what is known as a spiderweb lunar.

phantompaly_15634.jpg

phantompaly_15652.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First one is some sort of lunar, but I don't think it's a spiderweb. Nice under those lights though.

The second could be an everlasting gobstopper or something like it. My gobstoppers glow unnaturally like that and have a green center.

I'd give them some time to open up and acclimate to your tank. Polyps don't always look the way they will when first introduced into your tank.

They are similar to the EG's but I have those and these are different. I got them from a local trader and his have the same look as pictured. They same to be smaller than the EG's and the skirts are almost white. But who knows how they will change in my tank over time, hopefully they stay nice.

OP
OP
aerius007

aerius007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other ones do look close to the spiderweb you posted, do those polyps get big?

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are similar to the EG's but I have those and these are different. I got them from a local trader and his have the same look as pictured. They same to be smaller than the EG's and the skirts are almost white. But who knows how they will change in my tank over time, hopefully they stay nice.

Time will tell. I don't imagine they'll get ugly, but like I said, initial appearance can change. When palys are first introduced, they tend to be more scrunched up, which concentrates their pigments and can make them appear brighter. As they fill out, this can change. Also, the thing with the lighter skirts will be highly variable based on the tank conditions. Tanks with lots of skimming and low nutrients, combined with MH lighting often have lighter skirts, whereas higher nutrient tanks tend to favor darker skirts. Those same conditions can also produce smaller polyps though flow also comes into play here too. I've seen my palys in other people's tanks where the skirts went from almost black/brown and beefy to white and wispy. The center color didn't change much though.

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back