2 part

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about switching from ESV 2 part to BRS pharma. With ESV being hard to find lately I keep finding my self running low and struggling to find it. I currently use a dos and trident controlled dosing. I'm trying to decide if I should switch to the 2 part only or buy another dos and do the hybrid balling method. I have about 100g tank that is just reaching a year old. I dose around 30ml of Esv daily, I'm not sure if that would translate to the same of the BRS 2 part, I also just started the KZ 4 part color kit. If I do switch do I use soda ash or bi-carb? My pH is around 8.1 at night and 8.3 during the day. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks.

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need 3 dosing heads if you switch away from B Ionic and still want a balanced two part meaning the extra nacl thrown off by the 2 part is ionically balanced making it like a small water change. If your tank is doing well I would only change if you cannot find ESV literally anywhere.

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything has been doing fine on the ESV but I cant find it any where right now unfortunately and I'm starting to get pretty low.

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine depot shows out of stock for me, and I think amazon is like double the price

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back