2 questions about clowns and a nem

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay.

First question : what are the chances of a clown bonding with my new BTA?

Second question: can I introduce a small baby clown to my tank when I already have two full grown ones???

aKlevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the first question, it depends what kind of clown. If you are talking about a standard ocellaris, it's a hit or miss. You can't really be sure.
For the second question, I think no. The two others will bully it, especially if they are already a mated pair.

EDIT: @Leslie Tabor you type faster than me:)

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If You are talking about the bta you just rescued then I would wait until it is fully healed. And as stated above it depend on the size of your tank and what type of clowns you already have.

OP
OP
Babygecko1233

Babygecko1233

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes of course I'll let it heal first. . I'm not going to force the clowns...was just wondering the chances...and i don't think my clowns are paired...the small black and orange male try to dance with my all orange female...she goes with it for a seconds then bites him and chases him all over until he gives up....as of territory....they don't show any signs of places they claim...they kinda just go anywhere....

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you already have a female then just make sure if you do try another clown that it is small. It's no guarantee that they will get along but you can try with a small one. We have a lightning maroon clown and a blacker ice clown that get along, so anything is possible.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 80 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 64 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back