2020 At a Glance: Taking "Hitchhiker" to the Next Level

ZsWithTheFishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2020: cyano, GHA, diatoms, and an aptasia hitching a ride on the a member of the clean up crew.

20200413_194256.jpg

I've gotten an appreciation recently of how much time and effort this hobby requires and what a detrimental effect negligence can have. I have 2 reefs and 10-15 various tanks that were all going fairly well. Then 2020 struck and I ended up on-and-off bedridden since early January. I'm lucky enough to have friends and family that helped with my tanks as much as they could, but seeing the state that everything is in is making this a hard mountain to climb especially considering I'll be pressed for energy over the next few months as well (chemo). I don't know many people that are into the hobby in person, so I guess I'm just posting for like minds more than anything else, or maybe some "reefer2reefer" advice on getting motivated. I guess I could just get started with the freshwater tanks and save the uh.. "best" 2 tanks for last :)

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear about your health, hope your treatments turn out successful. Dang, that's a lot of tanks!

OP
OP
Z

ZsWithTheFishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That actually looks like a feather duster to me.
I was gonna feather duster sooo not that bad?

I thought that myself, so I haven't given up all together. Otherwise it would have hit the porcelain express. There are just so many dang aptasia in the rest of the tank now - some with a similar color variation.

OP
OP
Z

ZsWithTheFishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear about your health, hope your treatments turn out successful. Dang, that's a lot of tanks!

I appreciate it. It didn't seem like that many when I had time for weekly water changes on most of them. My family no doubt started taking a different view of them about mid-February... ;Hilarious

0810be93f10f79ff12cbd7c528f6ffeb.png

Back