OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may regret saying this but I think it's going to work. It appears everything will be here this week and I can get this thing wet this weekend. Once I realized I would be able to set this thing up before aquashella it became a goal. BRS and hard scape supplies should be here Thursday and tank Friday. The tank is the wild card, I'm hoping being it's smaller there is less chance for damage. Do you think it would do any good to schedule a pick up instead of delivery? I'm not sure if most of the damage happens on the trip to or in the delivery trucks.

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most damage is getting the items in and out of bigger trucks or on planes. Fed-ex is always 50/50 on damaged UPS is much better I try and avoid Fed-Ex like the plague...they could break rocks.

On nicotine addiction...I also am in my 50's and quit smoking 5 years ago using the gum...now Im addicted to the gum..BUT it has allowed me to do half marathons in a 15:45 ish a mile pace...my wife runs and then waits on me to finish as a walker...old knees cannot take the running impact.

edit; Spelling

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most damage is getting the items in and out of bigger trucks or on planes. Fed-ex is always 50/50 on damaged UPS is much better I try and avoid Fed-Ex like the plague...they could break rocks.

On nicotine addiction...I also am in my 50's and quit smoking 5 years ago using the gum...now Im addicted to the gum..BUT it has allowed me to do half marathons in a 15:45 ish a mile pace...my wife runs and then waits on me to finish as a walker...old knees cannot take the running impact.

edit; Spelling
Well it's coming UPS and I guess in that case I'll let them deliver it. We have had the same UPS guy for a while now and he's seems pretty good anyways. When he delivered the 100+ pounds of rock one time, he knocked on the door and offered my wife to roll it into the garage for us. I'm surprised he doesn't hate me already.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

edit; Spelling

Congrats on the no smoking and getting involved in 1/2's!

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fat boy, but used to be in shape. Even then, when I was in the gym 6 days a week and eating an amazing diet I was still not a runner. I did cardio but focused on weights, and WHEN I get my self back in the gym I don't see that changing. I'm just not a runner, but I do love lifting.

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fat boy, but used to be in shape. Even then, when I was in the gym 6 days a week and eating an amazing diet I was still not a runner. I did cardio but focused on weights, and WHEN I get my self back in the gym I don't see that changing. I'm just not a runner, but I do love lifting.

Im 6'3"350 so also fat boy but strong core from working construction for 25 years

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im 6'3"350 so also fat boy but strong core from working construction for 25 years
5' 10" and about 290 lol, not construction but oil field so I'm the same. I was in the gym all the time and then I got a management spot and have gotten soft. I'm ready to get back on it but training my self to wake up 2 hours earlier every day is tough. It will happen though, we went Universal Studios this last summer and I was told I couldn't ride a ride because I was too heavy. That's not ok with me at all.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same worked construction for 25 years then went to management and ballooned up

also

youtube guy named aquarium co-op does alot with planted tanks and imports have watched alot of his videos
He's actually going to be at Aquashella giving a talk, I will probably go listen to his. Also Joey the kind of DIY is giving a talk.

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year was Chicago which is closer to Ohio but Dallas too far away..my wife is very supportive..but not that supportive to give up vacation time for coral hunting :(

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year was Chicago which is closer to Ohio but Dallas too far away..my wife is very supportive..but not that supportive to give up vacation time for coral hunting :(
They are doing a Chicago one again this year, I think they do both city's each year. I understand, although she does let us plan activities around visiting LFS when we are somewhere else. We don't have a decent one here and so I take advantage every time we are in another town with one.

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal Gardens is about 12 minutes from my house which is really good and there is a large distributor of fish and hard goods that is open to the public ..same one that Rico from Rico's reefs uses so its above average

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5' 10" and about 290 lol, not construction but oil field so I'm the same. I was in the gym all the time and then I got a management spot and have gotten soft. I'm ready to get back on it but training my self to wake up 2 hours earlier every day is tough. It will happen though, we went Universal Studios this last summer and I was told I couldn't ride a ride because I was too heavy. That's not ok with me at all.

@mch1984 - Ok chief... throwing down the gauntlet and challenging you to get some type of exercise in 4 days a week, to start. (I'd also challenge @Jeight too but do not know him well enough... yet.)

As I said in a previous post, I was going to start running again soon. Well, soon was today. This was my first run since last October. Only a 3 miler and had a rough go but got the train rolling again. BTW - I'm 6'3"+ and 252lbs right now. Not very speedy but it's a start. Will be dropping weight while increasing the running.

What say you?

Screenshot_20190319-164633_Connect.jpg

20190319_221937.jpg

Last edited:

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1/2 in late April..3 days a week Im doing 3 miles ( one recovery, one speed, and one incline) one day a week I do a 5 and Sunday is the long day we are up to 8 will ramp till 11 then recover then 13 recover then race :) so challenge accepted ...nice to meet some like-minded people here @crusso1993 and @mch1984

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take you up on this under two conditions.

1) not this week, I work out in the morning and need to adjusted. When I mean morning I mean up at 4 am.

2) as long as its understood I won’t be running. I will do some form of work out, mostly weights and some form of cardio.

Back